PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Basketball Game

Chad Hughes
11-08-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm not too sure how many of you have heard, but there will be a basketball game on the USS CARL VINSON here in San Diego this week. The president will be attending and, to say the least, my work environment is NUTS! They began falling in with all of their security, Marines, dogs, etc. today. When the president parks his helicopter 20 feet from my office door I take the rest of the week off. :D

Second Hand Pat
11-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Chad, I worked on the Strategic Defense Initiative (Star Wars) back in the early/mid 90s when the then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher decided to visit the National Test Bed where the work was done and located at the then Falcon Air Force Station. The security was nuts...take the rest of the week off.

Darrell Ward
11-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Even when the President's bus came through town a few weeks ago, the highway patrol stopped traffic at every intersection. I had to wait at a traffic light about 10 minutes for the "train" of vehicles to get well out of town.

yim11
11-08-2011, 08:37 PM
$100 if you can sneak Simply Discus bumper sticker anywhere on that aircraft!

Second Hand Pat
11-08-2011, 08:40 PM

lol...suspect he wouldn't stand a chance.

Darrell Ward
11-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah. You would catch a few 9mm rounds for sure! :D

Second Hand Pat
11-08-2011, 09:45 PM

Yup, pretty much

Ronald
11-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Naa just needs to dress as a bunny and they won’t shoot.:antlers:

Second Hand Pat
11-08-2011, 11:53 PM

cute

Chad Hughes
11-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Chad, I worked on the Strategic Defense Initiative (Star Wars) back in the early/mid 90s when the then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher decided to visit the National Test Bed where the work was done and located at the then Falcon Air Force Station. The security was nuts...take the rest of the week off.

It's already nuts and I am officially on leave until Monday. :D

Even when the President's bus came through town a few weeks ago, the highway patrol stopped traffic at every intersection. I had to wait at a traffic light about 10 minutes for the "train" of vehicles to get well out of town.

It's quite the inconvenience!

It was hard enough to sneak the picture. That would be awesome though! :D

lol...suspect he wouldn't stand a chance.

Absolutely not. I'm used to working around aircraft maintainers, but the ones with guns strapped to their legs I am not so comfortable with. They're Marines to boot. LOL!

Exactly.

Yup, pretty much

LOL!

If I were them, I'd shoot at a 6'5" bunny just out of fright!

brewmaster15
11-09-2011, 11:31 AM
I've been trying to convince White House staff that they need to have a Discus Tank but for some reason they never return my calls.:)

-al

Chad Hughes
11-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Al,

I'll see what I can do. :D

Discus-n00b
11-09-2011, 12:35 PM
I'll hook you up with some Marine uniforms if Al supplies the bumper sticker! :D haha jk

Chad Hughes
11-10-2011, 12:45 AM
Sounds like a plan! :)

YSS
12-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Oh man, I am in San Diego this week and leaving early Thursday morning back home to DC. I totally forgot Chad is in San Diego. I would have loved to try to come out and check out Chad's operation and who knows, get a discus or two. :( Oh well, instead of visiting Chad, I was wasting away at the Gaslamp district for three days ... I was at the base today and got to see some cool stuff.

Chad Hughes
12-01-2011, 02:14 AM
WHAT??

Well, the Gaslamp area can be fun too. No discus though. :D

Maybe next time. Don't forget!

Safe travels back home.