PDA

View Full Version : driftwood

ozone
11-10-2011, 03:58 AM
Hello,

I'm two weeks into cycling a tank and my piece of drift wood developed white fungus of some sort with little white dots attached to it. Could it be Ich? when I add fish in a few weeks I don't want to add them to a hostile environment. I took it out and soaked it in roasting water with salt and put it back in.Also not sure if this is in the right area to post!If it should be in the showtank area can a mod move it? I bought some plants from a pet shop and the wood never had the fungus ich looking stuff till I put them in(amazon swords). I don't want to add any medication yet in case it kills the good bacteria in the filter(eheim 2215) with ceramic noodles and sponge bubbler filter. I may do a treatment when the tank is fully cycled but also need something that won't kill the plants too. Any ideas? thankyou! :)

laborelch
11-10-2011, 08:30 AM
not to worry, it sounds like fungus and happens to pretty much all driftwood after a certain time in the tank. It'll go away eventually or you can wipe it off and siphon it out. Pleco's will take care of the rest later :-)

ozone
11-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Thankyou for the reply!! nothing to worry about then...Alan