PDA

View Full Version : comming along

MPETERS
11-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Hi,

Well the 280 is comming along. There is water in the tank and sump with no leaks. I just added 2 300 watt heaters last night and the temp is now 82. Will watch it for the next few days to see how it maintains and raise it a little after that. I am going to add the bio media from my Fluval 404 in my 150 to the sump to aid in getting the sump up to speed, this should be done tomorrow depending on work. Tank has not started to cycle yet but I know that will take time. I have added sand, it is a little deep in places but I will change that. I don't like the "flat botton" look in a tank so I am building small "humps" in the sand. I am waiting on the Manzanita which has been ordered and shipped. I am hoping that by the beginning of DEC the tank will be cycled and I will be able to add some starter fish.

I want to thank everyone for all the help in getting me as far as I have come.

Thanks,
Mike

Sean Buehrle
11-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Sounds great, post a couple pictures :)

grindman620
11-12-2011, 12:19 AM
+1 pics ;)

Darrell Ward
11-12-2011, 02:41 AM
Keep in mind if you add cycled bio media from your other filters to the sump, you will have to feed the bacteria with an ammonia source, since there are no fish in the tank yet. Fish food, frozen shrimp, or other organic matter can feed and keep bacteria alive and multiplying. It will greatly reduce cycling time.

MPETERS
11-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi,

Will try and post some pictures within the next few days.

I have been adding some freeze dried shimp to the tank every couple of days, I think that should be enough, if you don't think so set me know and I will add some flake food.

Thanks,

Mike