PDA

View Full Version : PB proven pair - Charlotte, NC

Harry Marsh
11-13-2011, 09:54 PM
$300
Good personality. Don't spook easily and swim to the top to eat out of your hand.

Just had their 4th batch
Still young

First weren't fertilized

2nd batch only 25% fertilized

3rd batch almost all fertilized and they ate them at free swimming stage

4th batch just passed, they ate them at start of wiggler stage.
I think they will be good parents with a bit more age and tries on them.

I'm going to a community tank (I didn't realize how much work breeding would be)
They have a very good personality and eat well

Not sure I want to ship
They appear a bit more peppered in the picture than normal. Typical for these during breeding that they get darker.
Otherwise, they're an unusual Orange/Blue. I don't see many (any?) orange fish

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4240/42384425.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/42384425.jpg/)

Picture shows the 3rd batch, wigglers. I have video as well.
(tank usually more clean than this....I didn't want to disturb the wigglers at this point...)

PM me or e-mail: misanthropicism@gmail.com

shoveltrash
11-14-2011, 01:24 PM
hi! wish I had space for a breeding pair.....but wanted to say *hello* (I'm in Monroe!). good to know there are Discus lovers in this area! I have 2 PBs of my own :)

Harry Marsh
11-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Nice to meet you!

It's good to find another discus lover in the area
I'm sure our paths will meet at some point

Harry Marsh
12-19-2011, 10:56 PM
$200 bump

The pair are starting to get more round as they age

wdeleon01
12-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Shipping?

Harry Marsh
12-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Not at this time

Thanks though

ChrisNif
12-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Post those up in the hobbyist forum at CAAS, there is probably a person there who might be interested.

seanyuki
12-20-2011, 10:25 AM
To my understanding.............a Proven Pair means frys attaching to the parents and dad & mom looking after the whole group of frys...........perhaps I got mislead by the term Proven Pair.

Harry Marsh
12-20-2011, 12:33 PM
To my understanding.............a Proven Pair means frys attaching to the parents and dad & mom looking after the whole group of frys...........perhaps I got mislead by the term Proven Pair.

Not my understanding. There is a post in the general discussion about it, now

I don't know of any of the sponsors that use your understanding :)

seanyuki
12-20-2011, 12:55 PM
How long you been keeping discus?........when I buy a pair of proven discus......I make use the seller has pcis of frys free swimming and being close to the parents .......you only have pics of eggs and no pic of wrigglers lol

Not my understanding. There is a post in the general discussion about it, now

I don't know of any of the sponsors that use your understanding :)

Harry Marsh
12-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Those actually are wigglers, my camera isn't very good. Eggs wouldn't be that black, in my opinion.

Or this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqSxusy-qD4&list=UU78poMOkE0au4y3vR970MYw&index=7&feature=plcp

I'd prefer not to make this personal (ask me questions about how long i've kept these fish), but keep this down to the facts/opinion/definition.

Take a look at the thread in the other section if you'd like to discuss.

That being said, I agree with you. If I'm buying a proven pair, I think a proven pair that raises the fry well would be more valuable...and I'd be interested in that information

Take a look at Hans videos of 'proven pairs' in the sponsor section
I believe (maybe I'm wrong) that they're proven as soon as the eggs hatch. No guarantee that they are good parents.
I believe (maybe I'm wrong) that he doesn't mark the pair as proven until eggs hatch. Eggs laid but not hatch (or eaten before they hatch, not proven

Just an example. And I don't mean to speak for Hans.

seanyuki
12-20-2011, 01:21 PM
No hard feelings......yr understanding and my own opinion may vary plus no point arguing ........so good luck with the sale........have a great day.

Harry Marsh
12-21-2011, 12:56 PM
No hard feelings......yr understanding and my own opinion may vary plus no point arguing ........so good luck with the sale........have a great day.

No problem. We need a few arguments on these boards, from time to time
It'll give me something to read - not enough posts on here!

These laid last night, actually
Updated picture of the male, too. He's starting to round out. Still peppered, but getting a nicer shape

http://youtu.be/g1NDBmTfiig