PDA

View Full Version : tough times

Darren's Discus
11-14-2011, 03:26 AM
I haven't been around for a while as i have had lots of things going on !My how your world can change in just a few years.As some of you know my father has been fighting lewy body dementia for a couple of years,Unfortunately the time has come this Wed to put him into a care facility as we can no loger look after him at home,It;s been the sadest thing to watch such a great person wither away to nothing !also in this time my reletaionship of 8 years came to an end,Due to the financial crisis was not able to sell our home and we lost everything had to sell my car and also my much loved triumph and yes had to sell the best fishroom set up i ever had and all my beautiful fish.It's been very tough but there's always someone out their doing it tougher ! Hope one day in the near future to get back into discus as i am really missing my fish.Didn't mean to unload just needed to get it out.

Take care
Darren

Disgirl
11-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Sorry to hear of all your recent troubles Darren. Life can sure be tough at times. Just do the best you can with what you have and keep pushing forward in life, don't ever give up and be thankful for the things you do have. You will have discus again one day I am sure. Thank you for letting us at SD know what is going on with you and we will be thinking of you down in Oz.
Barb

YSS
11-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Hope you have enough left in you to start life anew and this time around better. Wish you the best!

lane mechtel
11-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Hang in there darren, You are dealing with alot. You are a great person looking after your father, I'm sure your decision was for the best.

jimg
11-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Best of luck to your future. I believe everything happens for a reason. you'll end up stronger.

2075turner
11-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Ah yes life....the ultimate roller coaster as I call it.

Darren, As you said there is always someone on the down side but there is also an upside. I hope that things will turn to the upside soon for you. I had to make the call for my mom to admit her to the hospital in her final stages of cancer, the hardest thing I have had to do but I know that it was the best thing for her as I couldn't take care of her the way the hospital could. I am sure your father is getting the best care and that is what is important....that he is getting taken care of.

Your next fishroom I am sure will be even bigger and better.

Good luck on everything. I wish you the best!

brewmaster15
11-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Darren,Its good to hear from you my friend.I am really sorry to hear just how bad its been for you.Definetly not easy dealing with it all. You may not have discus now,and life may have you down but don't be a stranger....you have friends here always.
-al

April
11-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Sorry to hear. Material items are nice to have..but they can be replaced. As long as your health is good all that matters. Sorry to hear about your dad. It comes to a point where you need more care for older people.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.275090,-122.835487

judy
11-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Hey, Darren-- that's just about the biggest rough patch imaginable, an awful series of events. Am so sorry for your pain. You have a lot of friends here, so do please stick around and one day you'll have discus again, bigger and better than ever.

Moon
11-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Every cloud has a silver lining. All the best mate.

vera
11-14-2011, 02:08 PM
So sorry Darren u had to face the reality in a tough way , hopefully the wheal of fortune will spin in yr favor
we all here for u
take care