PDA

View Full Version : 6 foot light

Sean Buehrle
11-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Looking for a 6 foot aquarium light.

Let me know what ya have.

Darrell Ward
11-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Hard to find 6' lights for a decent price. You can get 6' shop lights at home improvement stores, but the reflector on them is crap for a tank. 2-70 watt, HQI MH fixtures work great on 6' tanks, and take up little to no room for around $100 each with ballast. 6500K HQI MH blubs can also be had online for $20 each. Only type of lighting I use these days.

Sean Buehrle
11-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Hard to find 6' lights for a decent price. You can get 6' shop lights at home improvement stores, but the reflector on them is crap for a tank. 2-70 watt, HQI MH fixtures work great on 6' tanks, and take up little to no room for around $100 each with ballast. 6500K HQI MH blubs can also be had online for $20 each. Only type of lighting I use these days.

I've been lookin at the odysea lights on eBay. They have a 72 inch t5 light with four bulbs for 149.00 plus free shipping.

It looks like an ok unit for the price and I'm sure it will be fine for what I want it for. I'm planning a 220 planted in the pot tank.

A lfs has a perfecto double bright light for the same price, I imagine it's a t8 system.

I'm looking around to see what the reviews are on the odysea lights before purchasing one.

Gotta build a stand so I have awhile to choose.
Thx for the reply.