PDA

View Full Version : Sick Discus Juvie :/ HELP!!

Squishy
11-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi guys,
im a total noob here and i need help, so this friend of mine had a small 4 month old juvie or so discus and he was going to get rid of it so i told him
i would take it...i waited about 3 months for the my tank to finsh cycling since i was planning to get some cichilds but then i saw this little guy and
i wanted him :p everything in the tank checks out great. But this little guy ive been giving him salt dips since he has flukes (cause one of his gills
was clamped and other moved normaly) and when i do give him the dip he swim normaly :) But my main concern is its been four days that ive had him
and he hasnt ate anything. The things i have noticed is that he has like a pinched tummy...the head looks fine still and tubby and also just yesterday
i noticed this white stringy white thingy wiggling out his nose hole...so i think he might have some kind of internal parasite :( What are some dewormers
i can use for the little guy if he doesnt even eat but seems to swim happily... the only store we have around here is petco :argue: so have you bought any fish dewormers there and which would you recommend?

TANK READINGS

TEMP: 86 F
PH: 6.0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate 50ppm

ALSO its a bare bottom tank

lipadj46
11-19-2011, 02:37 PM
make a post in the disease section and fill out the form. Just a few comments your nitrates are too high, so start with large daily water changes. Order some metro and prazi from kensfish or angels plus to delouse him. I think petco has crap for fish medications, if they have api general cure try that.