12-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Great video of Discus in the wild

http://youtu.be/B99IuJ2t34M

jimg
12-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Nice!! thanks!

chrisb01
12-03-2011, 09:27 PM
For a fisherman you sure can keep that camera pretty steady... :-) Just kidding.

Beautiful vid and great looking Discus. What an experience.
I want to go to the Amazon.

litlit
12-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Thank you for share!!

shoveltrash
12-04-2011, 06:33 AM
very cool!!!!!
(kept waiting for an alligator to show up LOL!)

3dees
12-04-2011, 10:41 AM
nice video. one question though. when wilds show thier bars in a tank, many say it's a sign that something is not right. in the video all the fish are showing thier bars. the bars on my wilds will go light and dark constantly. I have a lot of wood and I think it's just blending in instead of something being wrong. any thoughts?

sunny
12-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Well if you climbed in their tank wearing a mask and snorkel, hovering above them with a video camera, I think they would show their bars. :)

YSS
12-04-2011, 11:44 AM
nice video. one question though. when wilds show thier bars in a tank, many say it's a sign that something is not right. in the video all the fish are showing thier bars. the bars on my wilds will go light and dark constantly. I have a lot of wood and I think it's just blending in instead of something being wrong. any thoughts?

I agree with you. That's the first thing I've noticed. All of them are showing bars. The bars are definitely not from stress. Also, they were not swimming around that much and definitely not bothered by/afraid of the camera. I read in Hiko's megazine that alpha males will display the bars. So, it may be some sort of ranking display mechanism as well. I have noticed in my tanks that the fish show more bars when they are swimming around and active and not as much when they are just chilling.

Darrell Ward
12-04-2011, 03:44 PM
I think the so called "stress bars" is another one of those wild discus myths. Sure, a discus will show bars and a darker coloration when stressed, but I've observed wild discus in mixed groups enough to know that some strains show bars more than half the time, while other strains in the same tank do not. Most times it has nothing to do with stress.

wannafish
12-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I know this may be a rhetorical question, but how do you copy or download
a you tube video?

Jeff

Darrell Ward
12-04-2011, 03:59 PM
I know this may be a rhetorical question, but how do you copy or download
a you tube video?

Jeff

I haven't figured that out either. LOL!

Second Hand Pat
12-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Copy the link to the video and select the video icon and paste the link into the box and select ok.

Darrell Ward
12-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Duh! That was so easy I feel stupid! Thanks Pat! :)

Second Hand Pat
12-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Nah, do not feel stupid Darrell, it's not necessary obvious and I do this sort of stuff for a living.

mikev
12-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Cool video, thanks for posting!

YSS
12-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Copy the link to the video and select the video icon and paste the link into the box and select ok.

That's how you post a YouTube video here. This is not how you download or copy the video from YouTube. You will need a video ripper or some sort of rtmp dump tool.

wannafish
12-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks Pat,

I knew it was easy, but I had to ask! Sometimes the answer is right under
your nose, but you can't even smell it.

Second Hand Pat
12-05-2011, 12:31 AM
That's how you post a YouTube video here. This is not how you download or copy the video from YouTube. You will need a video ripper or some sort of rtmp dump tool.

True Yun, I did not question the posted question. I answered the question I thought was intended. Sorry if I was incorrect. Never mind, I see I guessed right, you are welcome Jeff

wannafish
12-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Not to deter away from talking fish, but what Yss said was also the
intended answer behind my question, so thanks Yss.

wmccree
12-23-2011, 12:56 AM
I think it's every discus keepers dream to do this trip!

chiligum
12-24-2011, 08:45 AM
I downloaded Youtube downloader...Then click on the video, click on long link and paste it, click on your Youtube downloader and it automatically fills in the search bar for you and just click on download (sometimes afterwards you have to convert the video, same program)...This all sounds very confusing but really isn't when you are doing it yourself...I have stacks of Video's now on my hardrive that i've downloaded myself!

YSS
12-24-2011, 01:41 PM
I downloaded Youtube downloader...Then click on the video, click on long link and paste it, click on your Youtube downloader and it automatically fills in the search bar for you and just click on download (sometimes afterwards you have to convert the video, same program)...This all sounds very confusing but really isn't when you are doing it yourself...I have stacks of Video's now on my hardrive that i've downloaded myself!

This thread is getting side tracked, but where did you get the Youtube downloader? Does it work on other video sources? Thanks.