PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Discus PLEASE

wvhaines
12-04-2011, 08:57 AM
I am selling a few of my Discus but I have no clue how much to ask for them. Can anyone tell me what kind of discus they might be and what a fair market value would be for them? As well as any general feedback about them.

The 2 orange discus are 4"
The blue discus is 5"

Thanks!!

Harry Marsh
12-04-2011, 04:15 PM
People will probably want more info, such as where they come from

Some names command more than others (if applicable)

wvhaines
12-04-2011, 04:50 PM
People will probably want more info, such as where they come from

Some names command more than others (if applicable)

I picked these up as silver dollar size infants from my LFS. I honestly don't know their background. These have never breed, just beautiful fish! I am not looking for a huge profit but I don't want to lose out either. If you were to see these at the petstore. What would yu be willing to pay? They are 1 1/2yrs old.

Moon
12-04-2011, 05:20 PM
The first is a Turq and the other two are pigeon bloods.
All three are stunted. Don't expect to get your money back.

ShinShin
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
I agree with Moon, except I'd call it a red turqouis. I would not buy any of them not even for free. Sorry.

Mat

brddthomas
12-04-2011, 07:56 PM
The first is a Turq and the other two are pigeon bloods.
All three are stunted. Don't expect to get your money back.

I am new to Discus and am curious to know. How can you tell they are stunted?

Harry Marsh
12-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Put them on craig's list

Ask $50 a piece

It's a tough crowd, here :)

JustinKScott
12-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Put them on craig's list

Ask $50 a piece

It's a tough crowd, here :)

+1

Sean Buehrle
12-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I am new to Discus and am curious to know. How can you tell they are stunted?

The size shape and age tell you a lot.
I wouldn't get all torn up about it.

I would imagine you got them from a pet store and they didn't get the best start and that added to the problems.

This is the main reason most people around here will argue to raise a discus in a bare bottom tank with regular water changes.

Find someone who wants to give discus keeping a try and just let them know that they aren't prime specimens.
I think they would make an ok starter discus for a kid to see if they can keep them.
It would be wrong to try and get a lot of money out of them.

Sell all of them for 25 bucks or better yet just give them to someone you can trust not to try and profit off them.

If your planning future discus keeping hang out here and get all the info you can.

Good luck.

Discus PB
12-04-2011, 11:09 PM
This may help you out when looking for new discus
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?46982-What-not-to-buy
There is a bunch of good info in this section also
"Discus Basics for Beginners"
Hope this points you in the right way. Just take them back to the lfs and trade them in on something for your tank like a new heater or fish food.

brddthomas
12-04-2011, 11:28 PM
The size shape and age tell you a lot.
I wouldn't get all torn up about it.

I would imagine you got them from a pet store and they didn't get the best start and that added to the problems.

This is the main reason most people around here will argue to raise a discus in a bare bottom tank with regular water changes.

Find someone who wants to give discus keeping a try and just let them know that they aren't prime specimens.
I think they would make an ok starter discus for a kid to see if they can keep them.
It would be wrong to try and get a lot of money out of them.

Sell all of them for 25 bucks or better yet just give them to someone you can trust not to try and profit off them.

If your planning future discus keeping hang out here and get all the info you can.

Good luck.

Sean,

They are not mine. I am not the OP. I was asking a question. lol

Discus PB- Thanks!! I have read so much information on this site that it all blends in and makes my head hurt.

Sean Buehrle
12-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Sean,

They are not mine. I am not the OP. I was asking a question. lol

Discus PB- Thanks!! I have read so much information on this site that it all blends in and makes my head hurt.

Yep yep :)