PDA

View Full Version : what do i do with this discus ?

down2earth
12-05-2011, 05:05 PM
DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

since i have had this fish. about 6 weeks ago. has not been fully active. most of the time its fins are closed. its bright colored just like all the others. eats but doesnt charged for food like the others.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

kind of hids some times. keeps to itself. looks like it has 2 small scratches on its eye. this has been like this since i got him.

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

i have not treated him since i didnt think he was sick.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

60 gallon tank been set up for 6 months.

i have 7 discus total ranging from 2.5 - 5"

3 plecos

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

yes i have aged water. in a 55 gallon barrel with heater and air stone. water sits for 24+ hours in this barrel. i also use a 50/50 mix of tap and DI/RO water. this is to lower to PH

tank is also bare bottom.

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp _____84F

- ph _____7.4

- ammonia reading ____0

- nitrite reading ____0

- nitrate reading ____0

- well water ____

- municipal water ____

7. Any new fish/plants added recently

the newest fish has been in this tank for about a month.

corgi3
12-05-2011, 08:20 PM
any pics??

down2earth
12-05-2011, 08:49 PM
no pics sorry. i moved the fish to my QT tank. this tank has 3 rams 1 angel fish. its a BB 20 gallon. the discus is much happier now. the moment i put him in there. his fins extended and he looked all over the tank. he is so busy now. i think i just over crowded the main tank.

any suggestions would be appreciated.