PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a QT tank and where I should purchase meds

Gohans_Onna
12-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I just searched for both and only got minimal answers so I figured I would post. I am planning on QTing/growing out 8 juvies about 2 1/12 inches big. Is a ten gallon tank acceptable? or do I need something bigger? I figured that it is not cost effective whatsoever to be treating 120 gallon tank so I am trying to figure out what gallonage is ok for 8 fish this size. Also, I have two canister filters - since I am just starting out this new tank, should I worry about bio in the new tank or should I do 100% water changes daily and watch the water quality?

As for meds, where is the best place to purchase them online? They are ridiculous at my petstore.

lipadj46
12-06-2011, 05:26 PM
cheapest place to buy metro and prazi is from angelsplus, if you want an antibiotic with a long shelf life you can get kanamyacin and nitrofurazone from angelsplus, oxytetracycline too. Jehmco has fenbenzadol and others, kensfish has decent prices too. Vermisol can be bought from IGO here on the forum or from foy pigeon supply. I forget where but you can get piperazine and flubenzadol from small sellers too just search.