PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Filter and airpump mistake??? Get it while it lasts... or gets corrected.

ericatdallas
12-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I just bought a Fusion 700 airpump for $4.28 and it retails over $20 on all the other sites.
I also bought a Fusion 4 filter for $3.96 and it retails over $20 on other sites.

Anyway, I bought the last of the Fusion 700 and the Fusion 4s, but the Fusion 600 and Fusion 3 are still availabe at the SAME price (which leads me to believe they meant to sell the lowest model but accidentally are selling them ALL at the sale price)!!!

I made the mistake of buying it in two separate orders, but the savings is still huge (I bought a few)!

It doesn't look like a great filter, but at that price, who cares. They're disposable at that point.

www.meijer.com

http://www.meijer.com/catalog/search_command.cmd?keyword=fusion+3
http://www.meijer.com/s/fusion-air-pump/_/R-197495

I stared at these two deals forever... make sure I didn't miss the fine print...

Anyway, I'm guessing it wasn't found sooner because no one thinks to go to this place for pet supplies :)

ericatdallas
12-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, do you think there is an ethical dilemma here? Buying them when it's a mistake. I can't be for sure... for all I know, they might just be trying to liquidate it b/c they don't want to sell that brand any more (I bought some 300W for $5 from Petsmart b/c they changed suppliers --- I should have bought more at the time but didn't think I would need more than two).

Harry Marsh
12-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I don't know if it's ethical, but I thank you for the link

I used to live in Ohio (as you). I know Meijers was famous for liquidating stuff for stupid cheap.
I once bought 30 dvd/rw players for $15/piece
They didn't care, just wanted rid of them

Did that with a lot of stuff at meijers and resold on ebay

I just ordered a few of those air pumps

Ike
12-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Wow is right, lol as I was viewing them on the site the 700's and 600's disappeared from stock...

Harry Marsh
12-06-2011, 08:39 PM
I grabbed two of the 600's in time, I think

(expecting an e-mail any time cancelling my order)

Ike
12-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Yeah I ordered 4 500's and 2 200's, I'm tired of branching all my airlines all over tarnation these will make nice supplements and backups :)

ericatdallas
12-07-2011, 12:25 AM
yeah, I needed some air pumps. Too bad they didn't have water pumps on sale :)

I know over the summer they liquidated their fish/aquarium stuff at some very low prices. I missed out on it, so I'm glad I caught it this time. What dumb luck to look at Meijer's website for pet supplies ... I was just looking to see if they by chance had any discounts! woohoo :)

Yeah, even the 200s were at a good price, but not as good as the others.

trusty
12-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Thanks Eric for the intel I jumped on that I sent it home since I am currently stuck in WACO, TX

Harry Marsh
12-10-2011, 08:25 AM
got mine in the mail

the filters are so so (all they had left were fusions 3s when I ordered
Well worth the $4.00 tho

The air pumps are quite nice. I just made another order for some air pumps. The 500's and up, it appears....have the adjustable knob on them

Scott293
12-10-2011, 08:56 AM
:( Dang I missed it

nc0gnet0
12-10-2011, 11:23 AM
I actually thought the fusion 3's were quite nice, I like the stackable trays. Would have loved to get a few of the fusions 4,s..........

Harry Marsh
12-10-2011, 03:52 PM
I didn't like how short the fusion 3's intake pipe is

And it doesn't appear very strong (AT ALL!)
In fact, pathetically weak....
But, I did like those stackable trays
On the other hand, the filter media is also pathetic

Air pumps though: appear strong and have the nice adjustment knob on them

nc0gnet0
12-10-2011, 06:41 PM
LOL, the tube slides out, making it adjustable ;) The ceramic stars are fine...I prefer them over a sponge. Seems to be as strong as any other HOB I have seen that size....oh well.

azian_kicker
12-14-2011, 04:02 AM
thanks got a few air pumps.