PDA

View Full Version : Saying goodbye to the hobby (for now)

calihawker
12-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Hi Simply peeps!

Well the time has come that I must bid adieu to this hobby that I love so much. We will be in scale down mode for the next several years to make way for a relocation of home and business. Kind of a long term process but it has to start somewhere and it starts with my discus. :(
This place, this forum, has been such an awesome place to meet people and learn so much about our hobby I can't begin to say how much I appreciate the efforts of Al and the rest of the admin team. THANK YOU! My experience in the discus challenge was something I wont forget :) I hope there's at least one hobbiest out there that got something positive out of all the posts I made during that year!
I don't know who's still on here since I've been absent but it's been so very nice meeting and talking with all of you! I'm sure I'll be checking in every now and then ;)

I posted a few discus for sale in the marketplace.

Simply Discus You Rock!

Second Hand Pat
12-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Man Steve, truly sorry the see you go. Hoping to see that big tank up and running. Maybe once you have moved and settled discus will be part of your life again. Hope you are keeping the hawks.
Pat

Skip
12-07-2011, 01:13 AM
no goodbyes...

only

see you laters :)

calihawker
12-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Man Steve, truly sorry the see you go. Hoping to see that big tank up and running. Maybe once you have moved and settled discus will be part of your life again. Hope you are keeping the hawks.
Pat

Thanks Pat! I'm keeping a 90 gallon tank so yes, I will have discus again!
Down to one hawk which is good :)

yim11
12-07-2011, 01:27 AM
No matter what the future holds my friend - YOU ROCK!

shoveltrash
12-07-2011, 05:54 AM
best of luck to you! I'm a newbie/read voraciously here and enjoy your posts, so, thank you :), you will be missed.
~Trish

chrisb01
12-07-2011, 08:00 AM
You know, I don't know how long you'll go without fish, but you'll miss them. I think sooner or later you'll come back to keeping fish, might not be Discus necessarily. However, I do realize that in life there are necessary endings, and this sounds like one.

I'm new here, so I feel robbed of your knowledge and experience. Hey, all the best of luck to you and your family. God Bless.

zimmjeff
12-07-2011, 08:37 AM
they all come back. good luck.

Cevoe
12-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Best of luck to you, Steve.
I for one read all your Challenge posts from beginning to end and took a lot from what you wrote.
Take care for now.

seanyuki
12-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Hope to see you in the future with discus again.....great posts in the Challenge Contest.

YSS
12-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Man, you sure are a planner. Started planning already for down sizing and relocation that's a few years away? Getting rid of your discus already? Don't do it. :-)

brewmaster15
12-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Steve,
Over the years I have seen many people come and go from the hobby...It always saddens me when they leave, but I have a feeling we'll see you again. Been a pleasure having you as part of the community here. I wish you all the best always. Definetly stop by from time and check in with the fishes here.

-al

korbi_doc
12-07-2011, 11:01 AM
So sorry Steve, you will be missed...wish you much good luck with your new venture & hope you will be back soon!!

Dottie:( :)

Chad Hughes
12-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Hey Steve!

It's been a while! ;)

I know how it feels to go through a transition, adjust and regroup. I know you'll be back!

Check in on the forum from time to time if you can.

Best wishes in your upcoming changes.

MKD
12-07-2011, 01:23 PM
wish you/family the best and all your plans go the way you want. Come back soon or stop by sometimes.

Disgirl
12-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Best wishes to you and your family Steve. Discus are in your blood like most of the rest of us here. You will have them again someday! Your fish for sale are just beautiful, very well kept.
Barb

calihawker
12-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Thanks for all the nice words!!! :) So many nice people here. Such a great online community! I'll be poking my head in here to check in. Gotta get my discus fix somehow ;) Since my wonderful wife Rochelle had the wisdom to stop me from selling a beautiful glass 90 gallon tank, I've decided WHEN I get settled and get back I will do my first wilds biotope.

Already got visions of heckles dancing in my head!

Thanks again!!!!!!!

Steve-O

pcsb23
12-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Take care fella and good luck with the relocation.

GrillMaster
12-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Jees Steve.... I get back into the hobby after a brief hiatis and now your takin off... Were gonna miss u man!

Good luck with the down size and relocation. Thats exactly what my wife an I did and my shoulders are a lil lighter because of it. I am sure we will see you on the board again. You might leave the hobby but the hobby never leaves you.

tc

Herbicidal
12-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi Steve, sorry to see you leave, but I totally understand! As someone else said, there are no goodbye's, just see you laters! Haha! Once we get through the holiday season I would love to meet you and Holly-Hawk out in the fields somewhere and see what she can do! :thumbsup:

On a lighter note, I think you need one more hawk...and name it something like Toma. Toma-hawk! Get it? She always flies back to you! OK, I can hear the groans now. ;) See you later!

Jennie
12-12-2011, 12:53 PM
sorry to hear Steve..Brew is right, you'll be back eventually

April
12-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Take care...and we will see you in your new location!
Don't be a stranger. You don't need discus to be part of the community and talk discus.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.275054,-122.835468