PDA

View Full Version : Streaming movie sources and feedback....

brewmaster15
12-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi all,
Well these days my family does little with cable...99% of what we watch is streamed to our Tvs or computer... So we started with netflix streamed thru the kids Wii ...pretty decent there...no complaints....next we moved up to a Roku box.... now that is an amazing piece of equipment... Highly recommend...ON the Roku, you get multiple streaming stations in High def, many at no charge, others at nominal fees....really love it. You can watch netflix on it....and rent movies thru Amazon. The Boxes come in various flavors see Roku.com for details...I got mine at radio shack as I was not in the mood to wait.
Also has Hulu plus...which is a paid for service I have not tried , but I do use the free hulu on my laptop.

Anyone use HULU plus? what do you think about it ? can you compare to netflix?

and of course theres more.. I was on amazon.com the other day and they had a free trial of their Amazon Prime...free a month then $79 a year. Its has some nice perks.. and one was that you get to watch movies free? I did a quick add up in my head and it seemed like a great deal..so I signed up. Not loving it... Apparently the movies you get access to for free, isn't the whole archive...so off course anything I was interested in was not "prime" qualified. Maybe I am just jumping the gun here, so if anyone does use the Prime service from Amazon, have you found it worth it with regards to movies?

So what do you watch, have you made the switch to streaming verses conventional Cable to any extent? Do you have any websites that you use to access movies legit..

thanks,
al

roclement
12-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi Al,

I have and use Netflix since day one. I watch a lot of documentaries and foreign movies so it has alwasy worked for me but content was limited to older movies and shows.
This year, with all the competition and lawsuits, Netflix has upped it's game both in quality of streaming, as well as offerings, brand new shows and movies available as quickly as other services. I cancelled all my premium channels and kept basic high def cable service since I now have a lot of it on Netflix.

Hated Hulu Plus as well as Amazon Prime...a lot better on paper than in reality...

Rodrigo