PDA

View Full Version : 16 Items They Only Sell At Chinese Walmarts

chrisb01
12-07-2011, 10:10 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/16-products-they-only-sell-at-chinese-walmarts

ericatdallas
12-08-2011, 11:27 AM
The open meat with people picking at it would never get past food safety inspectors.

Come to think of it, neither would the live reptiles :)

That's cool though, it seems like Walmart in China is a lot more interesting.

#16 is kind of ridiculously funny.

#1 is extremely cool.

chrisb01
12-08-2011, 03:39 PM
I would like to taste #6, for 49.60, it's got to be good.

Did you see the brand name on #16? "Dong Zhu"

ericatdallas
12-09-2011, 12:43 AM
I think #6 are snakes... I could be wrong.

But $49.60 Chinese Yuan is only about $8 USD :)

fattubwhale
12-09-2011, 09:21 PM
I think #6 are snakes... I could be wrong.

But $49.60 Chinese Yuan is only about $8 USD :)

Its Chinese Sausage almost like a hard salami! It's actually very good :) I have to say I never seen meat displayed like photos #1 & 3 in any of the wallmarts I visited... The ones I been to are in Southern China just outside of Hong Kong. Cant speak about Northern China!

DiscusOnly
12-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Its Chinese Sausage almost like a hard salami! It's actually very good :) I have to say I never seen meat displayed like photos #1 & 3 in any of the wallmarts I visited... The ones I been to are in Southern China just outside of Hong Kong. Cant speak about Northern China!

I think it's either liver or blood chinese sausage.

#6 and #13 cooked with rice in clay pot = very good.

2075turner
12-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Just a little different than the North American chains, lol

Chicago Discus
12-09-2011, 11:05 PM
That's so not American Walmart, can you imagine what would happen here with the protesting and PETA don't even get me started

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<. Josie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

chrisb01
12-09-2011, 11:21 PM
If PETA had their way, we wouldn't have Discus in our tanks.

yim11
12-10-2011, 01:27 AM

Guangdong?

It's fun to shop in a 7 story walmart LOL.

Chicago Discus
12-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Thats true your right
If PETA had their way, we wouldn't have Discus in our tanks.

fattubwhale
12-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Guangdong?

It's fun to shop in a 7 story walmart LOL.

Yup! Pun Yue, Guangzhou to be exact! Cant wait to go back hopefully again in February :D

yim11
12-10-2011, 01:59 AM
Yup! Pun Yue, Guangzhou to be exact! Cant wait to go back hopefully again in February :D

I stay in Shenzhen but the factories we are at are all through the province. Work in China weekdays, Party in HK weekends - Lan Kwai Fong!!!

Sorry for the hijack. :angel:

fattubwhale
12-10-2011, 02:17 AM
I stay in Shenzhen but the factories we are at are all through the province. Work in China weekdays, Party in HK weekends - Lan Kwai Fong!!!

Sorry for the hijack. :angel:

+1 sorry for the hijack but its a good topic for coversation... for those who have never been to China and like to party you are missig out on some VERY VERY serious fun! :):D But, then again who gonna go to China just to party??? ME :D lol...
Staying in Shenzhen Is deffinetly alot cheeper than HK! I always fly in to HK and shuttle to Shenzhen for a couple prior to heading up to Pun Yue!!! Lan Kwai Fong has too many foreigners lol... but it is party central there!

chrisb01
12-10-2011, 02:34 AM
Never been to China, but would love to. Been to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil though, Copacabana Beach, Ipanema Beach, a couple of times. Talk about party, I was in my 20s then. I don't think I can handle it at this age though.

Oh, I'm 56.

fattubwhale
12-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Never been to China, but would love to. Been to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil though, Copacabana Beach, Ipanema Beach, a couple of times. Talk about party, I was in my 20s then. I don't think I can handle it at this age though.

Oh, I'm 56.

Chris, Age is never a factor when it's time to have aq good time! :D

ericatdallas
12-10-2011, 02:38 PM

That's what I thought at first... never seen them look like that, but you're probably right.

+1 sorry for the hijack but its a good topic for coversation... for those who have never been to China and like to party you are missig out on some VERY VERY serious fun! :):D But, then again who gonna go to China just to party??? ME :D lol...
Staying in Shenzhen Is deffinetly alot cheeper than HK! I always fly in to HK and shuttle to Shenzhen for a couple prior to heading up to Pun Yue!!! Lan Kwai Fong has too many foreigners lol... but it is party central there!

Of course it must be good to party over there when there is a gallon of walmart branded hard liquor for less than a quarter. :)

as for PETA, I wonder if they ever considered the fact that if we snapped our fingers and instituted their proposed policy, it would force us to euthanize millions of animals. I mean, if we're not going to eat it or wear it, then they're just going to starve or become pests.

chrisb01
12-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Chris, Age is never a factor when it's time to have aq good time! :D

Ture. Oh, I candle a weekend rumble really good. And would not hesitate to have one :-)