PDA

View Full Version : Do fishes sleep??

HenryDiscus916
12-08-2011, 02:05 PM
I was wondering if it matters if the light is on or not?? ( light when its day time... lights off when its night time...)

Skip
12-08-2011, 02:16 PM
here you go.. i just used ADVANCED SEARCH for SLEEP in title..

18 threads..

have fun reading..

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/search.php?searchid=562397

David Rose
12-08-2011, 05:26 PM
I vote yes.... I often wake up at different times of the night and have come downstairs in the dark to find my discus in their respective garnered spot stationary. This alone wasn't convincing, but when I found them sitting on the bottom or drifting a bit I became alarmed and turned on the room light. Much to my suprise, they slowly snapped out of their slumber and sometimes suddenly became scared and darted about with any quick movements as if caught off guard.

fishcrazed
12-08-2011, 05:33 PM
they do! i have a moonlight nightlight for my discus and right when the main light goes out and the night light comes on they dart for they restin spot. i work at 6 in the morning so im up as early as 5 and i often turn the night light of then right after i check on them and they only have move an inch or 2 through the night. they dont even realize im in the room (most of the time the dart to the lid for food lol)

Bill63SG
12-09-2011, 12:14 AM
I belive so also.I have a tall tank,31".and have siliconed fake driftwod to the top of the glass canopy.At night,they kinda back in,like a discus parkinking garaage,nose's down.

TURQ64
12-09-2011, 08:40 AM
I actually enjoy watching Discus in the dark..The personality wars go away, their finnage is erect, and the suspended motion is alluring....also a good time to cruise with a flashlight and look at their slime coats for problems....

Chicago Discus
12-09-2011, 09:02 AM
I think they do, I watch them when I get up in the morning and they all seem to be sitting still. They really don't start moving until the lights go on. That's why when I breed I use nite lights instead of leaving the tank lights on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

vizkid2005
12-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Yup my fishes sleep too .... When lights turned on at night they get startled and dart around in the tank ....