PDA

View Full Version : setting up a new tank for new discus fish

tejas
12-13-2011, 05:53 PM
hi all,
This is Tejas, newly joined in the forum. i'm gonna put my new discus fish in the new aquarium, so needed an assistance regarding the same.cud you guys please help me regarding the same, so as i can do the right set up.

thanks,
regards....
Tejas.

Skip
12-13-2011, 06:05 PM
hi all,
This is Tejas, newly joined in the forum. i'm gonna put my new discus fish in the new aquarium, so needed an assistance regarding the same.cud you guys please help me regarding the same, so as i can do the right set up.

thanks,
regards....
Tejas.

what is your question young padawan..

discuspaul
12-13-2011, 06:45 PM
You could start by telling us the size of your tank, how you're planning to equip it - filtration, heating, lighting, how many discus you're thinking of getting, what size, whether or not you've done any research on discus, their care/attention, your proposed tank routine maintenance, whether you're planning bare-bottom, or otherwise, and any other thoughts or views you may have to get yourself started properly.
If you can't answer many of these questions, then it's suggested you do some advance research in the Discus Basics for Beginners section - review the Sticky titles and do some reading.

shoveltrash
12-13-2011, 07:25 PM
advice: READ READ READ on this forum!!!
on every subject possible. Beginner's section, water works, etc.
discuspaul listed all of the subjects that you need to know about
he size of your tank, how you're planning to equip it - filtration, heating, lighting, how many discus you're thinking of getting, what size, whether or not you've done any research on discus, their care/attention, your proposed tank routine maintenance, whether you're planning bare-bottom, or otherwise, and any other thoughts or views you may have to get yourself started properly.
anything you need to know, pretty much, is here. do a "search" (I like the advanced search option) and you'll come up with enough info to make your eyes bleed LOL.