PDA

View Full Version : My new discus

damba
12-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Arrive tomorrow. They are german bred which means hopefully better quality than my asians. Will try and get some pics up tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

DiscusOnly
12-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Arrive tomorrow. They are german bred which means hopefully better quality than my asians. Will try and get some pics up tomorrow.

Have no idea what you are trying to infer but let's not go there. Congrats on new discus.

Jerry1
12-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I would say that some Asia sourced discus he bought were crap and he hopes the new discus he is getting from a German bred strain are better. No need to read anything more into the post.

Skip
12-14-2011, 01:49 PM
quality ain't cheap.. no matter where they come from.

moon_knight1971
12-14-2011, 02:43 PM
quality ain't cheap.. no matter where they come from.

Preach on brother!

Joey!

damba
12-14-2011, 04:22 PM
I would say that some Asia sourced discus he bought were crap and he hopes the new discus he is getting from a German bred strain are better. No need to read anything more into the post.

No offence meant but yes these were mass produced and poor. The decent asians i have seen look great but they are hard to get hold of. We just get overbred deformed runts from the fish/farmed mass produced. In the uk we get similar from east europe etc. Just these germans are nice quality i have chosen myself. Sorry if anyone took umbridge :(

Jerry1
12-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Sort of an interesting thread. A local LFS gets nice looking discus from Asia because "they are the best in the world". I have no idea if they are color enhanced or how nice they really are, or how they will grow. I stopped trusting any statements from this LFS long ago so I always hear everything through my skepticism filter when they speak.

I do know they have bought some Hans discus for their display tank and passed those off as what their poor stock they used to buy would grow into with some time.

Skip
12-14-2011, 04:55 PM
some breeders pump them for of Steroids... the f's up their insides.. but their color is AMAZING!!!