PDA

View Full Version : I think two of my discus are pairing up

PleiadesSTi
12-18-2011, 01:23 PM
They recently started kissing each other, literally. lol They also flash each other. They have never started doing this till this morning. I just wanted to start a thread for my own sake to keep track of my discus. I will try to get a video of this odd behavior. Either way I'm pretty stoked if they have paired off as I just have gotten into discus.

-Ted

adammak47
12-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Looking forward to your video. :)

damba
12-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Do they wobble with each other with their heads down. Give them a big dinner and their bits should show. Then you can check they are a true pair. Good luck and keep us updated.
Tom

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

chrisb01
12-18-2011, 05:42 PM
They recently started kissing each other, literally. They have never started doing this till this morning.

What happened during the night?
A day late, and a dollar short? :-)

Do they wobble with each other with their heads down.

Oooh... no, you didn't go there...

Give them a big dinner and their bits should show.

Don't forget the wine...

PleiadesSTi
12-18-2011, 07:25 PM
lol. Thanks guys. I converted the tank to bare bottom today. No more gravel for me.

I saw some behavior where they would line up side by side and shake their bodies and fins at each other. Goofy fish.

Still trying to get a video because as soon as they see me they think it's feeding time.

Oh and these are two Pigeon Blood Discus.

Second Hand Pat
12-18-2011, 08:20 PM
I saw some behavior where they would line up side by side and shake their bodies and fins at each other. Goofy fish.

Sounds like they are shimmying....are they cleaning a spot? If yes, it is cone time.

PleiadesSTi
12-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Sounds like they are shimmying....are they cleaning a spot? If yes, it is cone thing.

No, not yet. Today is the first day I noticed this behavior so I will keep an eye on things for awhile.

chrisb01
12-19-2011, 12:01 AM
No, not yet. Today is the first day I noticed this behavior so I will keep an eye on things for awhile.

Don't wait too long, if it's anything like Angelfish, they will surprise you with the eggs.

Second Hand Pat
12-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Don't wait too long, if it's anything like Angelfish, they will surprise you with the eggs.

Yup, generally a day or two.

louielayadiscus
01-02-2012, 11:48 PM
my blue turq and blue diamond started this behavior about 4 days ago i have 6 total discus in a bb tank and the two just keeps hangin out on the other side of the tank pushing the rest of the fishes on the other side. my concern is i just got these discus about a month ago and the blue diamond is about 3.5 inches and the turq is about 4.5 arent they too young to be doing this stuff?

PleiadesSTi
01-03-2012, 03:26 AM
The two discus that were doing this have not done it in my presence since. They still chase each other around. Goofy fish.