PDA

View Full Version : striated discus

Orange Crush
12-26-2011, 03:14 AM
I was reading the comments on someone elses thread it made me wonder if striated discus only show thier bars when stressed.....:confused:

sayitfast
12-26-2011, 05:32 AM
Unfortunately the search function on this message board just like most message boards is limited! So I say ask away...

Orange Crush, I find a better way to search the site is to use some of the more obscure Google tools... If you're using any of the newer browsers, and you have Google as your default search option, just drop this in the URL field:
"site:simplydiscus.com striated discus".

Works for me, hope it's helpful...

Orange Crush
12-26-2011, 05:56 AM
[QUOTE=sayitfast;837028]Unfortunately the search function on this message board just like most message boards is limited! So I say ask away...

Orange Crush, I find a better way to search the site is to use some of the more obscure Google tools... If you're using any of the newer browsers, and you have Google as your default search option, just drop this in the URL field:
"site:simplydiscus.com striated discus".

Thanks, I tried it but I still did not find the answer. It seems like it would be a pretty straight forward answer and one that should be easy to find but I cannot find it on this forum using the search function.

Are "stress bars" and "striations" the same thing? I just want to know if I buy striated discus and they are showing their straitions boldly if that is a sign they are happy and healthy or not. Are the bars an indication of the stress level and if so what do the stripes do when things are bad?

edit: (weird it is not showing the quote from sayitfast in the blue "bubble" like it normaly does)

Wes
12-26-2011, 12:36 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?87877-Stress-bars

TNT77
12-26-2011, 11:49 PM
No stress bars and striations are not the same thing. Stress bars are vertical bars 9 & 14 or peppering depending on the fish that show with mood or stress. Striations are patterns on a fish, these are affected by health, enviroment, and genetics.

Chicago Discus
12-26-2011, 11:51 PM
No stress bars and striations are not the same thing. Stress bars are vertical bars 9 & 14 or peppering depending on the fish that show with mood or stress. Striations are patterns on a fish, these are affected by health, enviroment, and genetics.

Tara sometimes mine show dark when they are eating :)

TNT77
12-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Tara sometimes mine show dark when they are eating :)
I have a scorpian that always shows faint bars on his body and they disappear when hes stressed. Go figure.

Chicago Discus
12-26-2011, 11:55 PM
I have a scorpian that always shows faint bars on his body and they disappear when hes stressed. Go figure. I want one of your sting rays just saying.....Josie I think we can trade

TNT77
12-26-2011, 11:56 PM
I want one of your sting rays just saying.....Josie I think we can trade
I've got an extra male retic. ;)

Chicago Discus
12-26-2011, 11:58 PM
ok bring him over LOL......Josie