PDA

View Full Version : Any other golfers on here or anyone else make there own golf clubs?

ZX10R
12-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Just wondering always looking for new sites to order heads, shafts, ect. from. I use golfsmith mostly but also order from proswing and ebay.

Sean

John_Nicholson
12-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Can't help you with sites but man I miss golf. All kidding aside a bad back is the only thing that kept me from hitting the tour. I started golfing in grad school. I always thought it was a stupid game until I played. Within 60 days I had broke into the 80's, at 90 days my low game was 81. Hitting a golf ball to me is as easy as walking. I was getting ready to make a push to go pro and my back basically blew up. 3 months ago I went golfing with my father-in-law. I had not picked up a club in 15 years. I ended up with a 94. You want to talk about an up and down round....I had 6 pars in that 94, but when I had a bad hole, buddy it was a bad hole...LOL. While my back did not hurt afterwords I am afraid to try it again....

-john

YSS
12-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Golf is my other expensive hobby, but don't make my own clubs. Can't be blaming my bad game to my bad club making. :-)

YSS
12-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Can't help you with sites but man I miss golf. All kidding aside a bad back is the only thing that kept me from hitting the tour. I started golfing in grad school. I always thought it was a stupid game until I played. Within 60 days I had broke into the 80's, at 90 days my low game was 81. Hitting a golf ball to me is as easy as walking. I was getting ready to make a push to go pro and my back basically blew up. 3 months ago I went golfing with my father-in-law. I had not picked up a club in 15 years. I ended up with a 94. You want to talk about an up and down round....I had 6 pars in that 94, but when I had a bad hole, buddy it was a bad hole...LOL. While my back did not hurt afterwords I am afraid to try it again....

-john

We will have to go play golf next time you are in town or next time I see you wherever that is. I will pay for your round to see your swing and get some tips from a natural, which I am not. :-)

ZX10R
12-28-2011, 11:47 AM

-john

I have never shot better then a 80 most days my average is around a 94.

Golf is my other expensive hobby, but don't make my own clubs. Can't be blaming my bad game to my bad club making. :-)

I wish I never started making my own clubs it is so ADDICTING!!!!!

DiscusLoverJeff
12-28-2011, 12:15 PM
I would love to golf with you sometime. I have a guy here in IL that makes clubs for a living. he is a semi-pro golfer and if you like, I can find out what brand he uses to build the clubs. He does make some awesome drivers.

I too shoot around mid 90's but I am sure it would be higher on one of your beautiful coarses in KY.

ZX10R
12-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I would love to golf with you sometime. I have a guy here in IL that makes clubs for a living. he is a semi-pro golfer and if you like, I can find out what brand he uses to build the clubs. He does make some awesome drivers.

I too shoot around mid 90's but I am sure it would be higher on one of your beautiful coarses in KY.

Sounds good to me. Golf is cheap here most courses cost around $20-$40 for 18 and a cart depending on what day you go. You guys have nice soft black dirt up there and we have red clay dirt here. I always play horrible when I play up there and my dad does the same when he comes here. Hard to adjust hitting off different soils when you are so use to one kind.

DiscusLoverJeff
12-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Don't be fooled by the rumors you hear about our dirt being soft black soil; it is only masked by layers of hard clay. On a good day, you can get an extra 20 yards on a good bounce, Lol.

We might need a roadtrip this spring to one of your courses.

Red Turquoise
12-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Love my Golf . Would like to do it a lot more than I do . Not very good at it but enjoy it . Normally play 9 holes with my Father-in-law on a sunday afternoon and go around in a average 52 .

Purchased a iron set of Callaway big bertha's and an odyssey putter early in the year . Just need the coin to get some good drivers now .

kent1963
12-28-2011, 08:20 PM
I just took up golf this year at 48.Took a father son lesson with my 8 year old son. He's got a lot of potential and I enjoy the walk :confused:.

roclement
12-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Send me a pm of what you are looking for.

Rodrigo

ZX10R
12-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Love my Golf . Would like to do it a lot more than I do . Not very good at it but enjoy it . Normally play 9 holes with my Father-in-law on a sunday afternoon and go around in a average 52 .

Purchased a iron set of Callaway big bertha's and an odyssey putter early in the year . Just need the coin to get some good drivers now .

That is why you make you own stuff you can mix match heads, shafts, grips and making your own stuff is about half the cost of buying name brand stuff

I just took up golf this year at 48.Took a father son lesson with my 8 year old son. He's got a lot of potential and I enjoy the walk :confused:.

That is what I like doing is walking but trying to get any of my lazy friends to do it is like pulling teeth

Send me a pm of what you are looking for.

Rodrigo

PM sent

roclement
12-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Did not get the pm:
RCLEMENT71ATGMAILDOTCOM

ZX10R
12-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Did not get the pm:
RCLEMENT71ATGMAILDOTCOM

I just sent it after I posted

roclement