PDA

View Full Version : how to best treat with delos (dylox 80)?

lipadj46
12-31-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm treating for gill flukes with delos. i have the temp down to 80F and have had 25g of delos in my 75g for about 24 hours now. i'm wondering how long i should keep the fish in the medicated water for. also how and when i should retreat. I have enough for 3 more treatments. thx in advance.

seanyuki
01-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Are u using Dylox 80(trichlorfon) for gill flukes or worms?......a member sharing his experience using D80.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?77832-Capillaria-The-Cure

lipadj46
01-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Gill flukes, this is essentially my last effort before culling and nuking everything. I've tried.about everything else besides flubendazole. right now I've had the delos in for 48 hrs and the fish are doing fine, I'm probably going to do a water change, retreat and then retreat in 10 days. I have read that thread thx.

seanyuki
01-01-2012, 10:09 AM
perhaps try using Kusuri plus(flubendazole) from the UK......had success

using it.

Wormer plus can be mixed with other aquarium medications.
• 100% safe & will not harm the biological filtration.
• Can be used with rays, puffer fish, and free-swimming fry from one week old.
• 100% safe to use in aquariums with plants.
• An easy to use 30 UK gallon measuring scoop is supplied in every pack, making it easy to measure out and to administer the treatment.
• Full instructions are on the back of every pack.
• Using wormer plus once a month will help to keep your valued discus & fish in tip top health.

Flubendazole is the effective main active ingredient, & works differently to other fluke treatments by gently starving the parasite. Making this product perfectly safe for regular usage. Naturally sourced calcium carbonate is blended in & acts as a gentle booster and ‘pick me up’ after the pests are killed. A minuscule amount of Natural Calcium carbonate (0.01g) is blended with the Flubenzonal to adjust a very slight drop in PH from adding the Flubenzonal. This cleverly balances out this medication making very little (if any) difference to PH when using wormer plus.

http://wormerplus.co.uk/retail_shop/index.php?productID=5

hth

lipadj46
01-01-2012, 10:14 AM
I am considering ordering flub from inkmaker, just recovering financially from the holidays lol!

seanyuki
01-01-2012, 10:36 AM
maybe other members have their views regarding Flubendazole from CH(inkmaker).

I am considering ordering flub from inkmaker, just recovering financially from the holidays lol!