View Full Version : regualar spawnings no fry

mechanmatt
01-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi got pair of turks spawn with out fail every four to five days problem being all eggs turn white or if the eggs dont turn white she eats them tried caging them off but fungus takes over ph is 6.4 with water a 50 /50 split hma and ro any suggestions

TURQ64
01-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Two females??..Immature male?..I'd watch closely, and try to see if they both have blunt, wide organs, or a tapered, smaller one..Females are usually wide and blunt,kinda flat on the bottom for depositing eggs..Males are more pointy..HTH, Gary

mechanmatt
01-10-2012, 09:21 AM
cheers checked defo male and female i got them at just over a yr old thats three month ago so maybe immature .

JamesP
01-10-2012, 10:16 AM
I would check hardness of your water to make sure it is soft enough for fertization. If they don't get wigglers soon you could do a test. When they lay eggs you could pull the eggs and put them in pure RO water and treat with Methylene Blue to see if they hatch. Make sure to use an air stone to circulate the water.

mechanmatt
01-10-2012, 10:41 AM
would i need heater in there too think thats worth a try water where i live is one of softest in uk