PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting some discus...

bassmasterrob
01-11-2012, 06:26 PM
A guy wants to do a trade his discus for one of my datnoids and i do not know much about discus so i wanted to know what you guys think about these discus... negative comments welcome they are not my fish i want help to decide if it is a good trade or not..

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/robmats/image-1.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/robmats/image.jpg

Altum Nut
01-11-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm not much of a tech guy....so I would indeed take those discus.
My phone just rings and i answer...it's all i need.

...Ralph

TexasDiscus!!
01-11-2012, 09:22 PM
I say they look good! I would much like to get a few more like that in my tank. Take some closer up pics on individual discus to get a better analysis from some of the guys on this forum. I would say they are worth the trade.

Chicago Discus
01-11-2012, 09:57 PM
I think Its a good trade but for god sacks please clean that tank...........LOL

TNT77
01-11-2012, 10:02 PM
That must be one expensive dat. What kind is it? And what size are the discus? There is one in the corner kind of dark pointy nose. Might want to take a closer look at that one...perhaps possible health issues. Or could just be low man on the totem pole. The rest look decent though. There are a couple of really nice ones in there. That White/Silver Pigeon looks extremely nice.

bassmasterrob
01-11-2012, 10:52 PM
im trading a ngt dat.. yea my main concern was health it is a dirty tank and they do look a pretty skinny.. any estimates on cost of any of these? or names i have no idea what they are...

hedut
01-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Some of them skinny and some big eyes, the only thing I could suggest you: try to feed them and see their pub (black or white), those pigeons look alright

Chicago Discus
01-11-2012, 11:20 PM
I have seen much worse, those discus don't look that bad, did you ask him where he got them. You can get them home and straiten them out good food, water etc....

Scott293
01-12-2012, 10:07 PM
I would be a bit worried about the dark one.
albino red spotted greens - look nice
pigeons - look nice, the smaller one looks like a bit of peppering, assuming that with the black tail
snake skins - one looks nice other looks dark, could be sick?
Valentines or another type of albino on the one smaller red/white/yellow
Small pigeon - could be a crystal yellow?

With their shape they look like they have just not grown well. That could be as big as they will get. So if you like a large discus I wouldn't count on them growing more.

bassmasterrob
01-14-2012, 12:28 AM
so i had him take a vid of the discus so you can take a better look... Some of them look pretty bad i dont know if i should do the trade now.. do you think i can give them some tlc and they will be good? or not risk it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRVNejGAVMI&feature=plcp&context=C318c05fUDOEgsToPDskJJ1OA-3S5E3q_bt4zztPh7

TNT77
01-14-2012, 12:33 AM
All but 2 look razorheaded. Least most are eating I guess.

BoiseDiscusGuy
01-14-2012, 12:55 AM
A couple fish look just ok but the rest do not look too healthy...IMHO, I would pass on these fish.

bassmasterrob
01-14-2012, 01:09 AM
All but 2 look razorheaded. Least most are eating I guess.

what does razorheaded mean?

bassmasterrob
01-14-2012, 01:10 AM
A couple fish look just ok but the rest do not look too healthy...IMHO, I would pass on these fish.

do you not think its possible to bring back to perfect health?

BoiseDiscusGuy
01-14-2012, 02:43 AM
what does razorheaded mean?

Razorhead is the thinning of the head most often caused by flagellates or nematode infestation. At the point razorhead appears, its usually too late for a full and complete recovery.

do you not think its possible to bring back to perfect health?

I think most likely these fish will not see their full potential due to the neglect they have endured.

Skip
01-14-2012, 11:18 AM
what is the trade exactly?

4discus
01-14-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't know about the value of the trade but I think if they are not healthy fish you risk more cost and stress in the long run. You could fatten them up and make them happy but there are some characteristics that are permanent.