PDA

View Full Version : Arrrgh!!!

Bill63SG
01-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Came down this morning,and it was 58 in the kitchen.Yep,heat went out.Our first real snow fall and temp drop of the season,and no heat.Opened basement door to let up fishroom heat,started a fire and called for repairs.They were here in under 30 mins,guy said "great that you have our coupon from the phone book",we then went and looked for the coupon,hey,$30 bucks off.Later he said,"it's expired",and then tore off the date.Wrecked this guy's Sunday,and he was still totally cool with me.Needless to say,it put a damper in my re-sealing.Not getting the silicone yet really put a damper on it.

Second Hand Pat
01-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Bill, in this regard more important to get the heater repaired. Sounds like a pretty decent guy to tore off the expiration date.

eaglesfan3000
01-15-2012, 08:56 PM
That blows, I'm glad you got if fixed ASAP.

Bill63SG
01-16-2012, 12:11 AM
He was,is.Serviced us for the last couple of years.Told us "there will come a point were we can't fix this anymore because we won't be able to get parts for it".Comes to a $500 repair,or a 2000-2500 replace,we're still throwing band-aids at it.

Darrell Ward
01-17-2012, 03:07 PM
I know the feeling. I threw band-aids at our 30 year old Carrier heat pump for several years until the compressor burned out this past summer. It was no longer worth repairing at that point. It was big money to replace, but at least we now have lower electric bills.