PDA

View Full Version : New Server Migration

pcsb23
01-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Al has previously published that we are soon moving to a new server.

Some people may have experienced some rather odd behaviour just recently. What has happened in simple terms is the technicians at our hosting company pointed the existing server to the new server, so it would appear that post, edits and even Tara's new forum just disappeared!

I have spoken with the technician and he has now corrected that situation for us, I have also bee on the NEW server and closed the forum there to try and avoid even further confusion!!

Once we have confirmed a few more details with the hosting company we will be ready to change servers. This will mean a small amount of down time, which is unavoidable. In an ideal world the move will only take a few minutes and should be relatively seamless.

However you may need to clear your browsers cache before you can access the new server, so keep that in mind!

Apologies for any confusion caused.

corgi3
01-17-2012, 02:37 PM
wondered what happened..:)

Jason K.
01-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Back in the saddle again...:guitarist:

brewmaster15
01-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Guys,
Expect some possible down time.... this is still a work in progress and we won't be fully completed for a few days...just so you all know... Hopefully down time will be minimal, but if for some reason you can't log in..just walk away for a few hours and try latter.

Tanks!
Al and team

DLock3d
01-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Guys,
Expect some possible down time.... this is still a work in progress and we won't be fully completed for a few days...just so you all know... Hopefully down time will be minimal, but if for some reason you can't log in..just walk away for a few hours and try latter.

Tanks!
Al and team

I.E. - Go do another water change...

brewmaster15
01-19-2012, 11:06 AM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?93565-Server-Move-is-Completed!