PDA

View Full Version : Spam Anyone?

DiscusLoverJeff
01-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Is it just me or has anyone else experienced a TON of spam lately in their email box? Whether it's my Yahoo, Gmail, ATT email address, since the first of the year I am getting about 25 to 50 per day as compared to maybe 2 or 3 last year.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jason K.
01-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Hey now, I love spam!!! Throw it in a pan with some egg's... good to go!

DLock3d
01-18-2012, 10:21 AM
I would love to agree with you Jeff but I'm currently writing my letter of resignation to my current employer. You see, the President of Nigeria recently contacted me and is having me hold a large some of money for him. Very soon he'll be taking half of the money out and giving me the other half. Needless to say, I'm going to retire with this money.

rickztahone
01-18-2012, 10:41 AM
I would love to agree with you Jeff but I'm currently writing my letter of resignation to my current employer. You see, the President of Nigeria recently contacted me and is having me hold a large some of money for him. Very soon he'll be taking half of the money out and giving me the other half. Needless to say, I'm going to retire with this money.

Lol. I always ask myself, "who falls for these scams?" There are so many others out there too

DLock3d
01-18-2012, 10:49 AM
LISTEN RICK! When the PRESIDENT of NIGERIA contacts you DIRECTLY, you DO AS HE SAYS!

DiscusLoverJeff
01-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Sadly a former co-worker fell for one of these scams and cost her $2500.00 she says. She had relatives in England and one day someone emailed her that a relative was in the London jails and needed $2500.00 for bail. She paniced and sent the money via wire transfer to some account. The next day she called her relative and asked if they had someone in jail, they responded, nope. Lesson learned?

DLock3d
01-18-2012, 11:51 AM
There was a scam like that on facebook not too long ago. People were hacking facebook pages and the scammers were messaging friends about needing bail money.

DiscusLoverJeff
01-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Spam = Scam most of the time.

For Jason though, he may like his spam, but what price are you willing to pay for it? Lol