PDA

View Full Version : Help with new discus

Mep1127
01-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Hey all,

Today i received my discus that arrived in good shape. My concern is I feel like 2 of my discus out of the 6 are barely eating. All my water parameters are fine, only thing that varies is the size of the discus. I have one at 3.5, three at 3.0 and two at 2.5 inches. Since this is my first time with discus I'm not sure if i should be worrying or is this normal for them until they feel settled in. Also not sure but it seems the two 2.5 seem to do their own thing in the tank, but they do stay with the group at times. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Sean Buehrle
01-19-2012, 09:40 PM
It's completely normal.

The last fish I got from Hans didn't even begin to eat for a week.

Just change your water every day, they will perk up quick.

AngryBird
01-19-2012, 09:49 PM
I bought two dozen fishes recently and few fishes didnt eat for 3 to 4 days. Now they are eating well. Just keep up the water quality and they will join the group and start eating soon. Give them a day or two and you should see the change.

Mep1127
01-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Thanks guys...just need reassurance for these next few days..I will post pics when I can..and when I hit the "10th" post lol

discuspaul
01-19-2012, 11:40 PM
It can take up to several weeks for discus to completely settle in and become comfortable in a new environment. Relax, be patient, give them at least another week or so, do your normal wcs, etc - then, if some are still not eating after that time, then post again and let us know what's going on.

Mep1127
01-20-2012, 01:53 AM
Sounds good, will do