PDA

View Full Version : Discus not eating suddenly

TOFU
01-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Hi all,
Just recently, 8 of my discus aint really eating. They will still come to the tank wall and get excited when im throwing in BH. However after a few bites, they will suddenly go into hiding. There are no sudden movement or anything. After 10 mins, they will come out from their hiding and come to the tank wall again. Ive tried feeding them with some tetrabits and they go on a frenzy mode eating them. What could cause this sudden change of appetite?

Water change is 30-40% one or two days.

Thanks.

PAR23
01-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Please start here and I would post in the disease section to get more feedback. Fill out in detail..

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete

TURQ64
01-25-2012, 09:54 AM
If they are eating the Tetrabits, I don't see a problem. You can raise healthy fish without beefheart. Most of mine haven't anywhere to hide; simple..

brewmaster15
01-25-2012, 10:20 AM
I agree with Gary. If they are eating Tetrabits..then they don't have a loss of appetite. However, Their tastes may have changed, or your BH heart mix may be the issue....I'd try other foods and see if you can get them to eat other items, and maybe try a new batch of BH if you are set on feeding that as part of their diet.

hth,
al

damba
01-25-2012, 12:49 PM
As above. Try varying their diet. Mussle can be a good food if thry refuse bh but it sure is messy.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

TOFU
01-31-2012, 07:08 AM
Thanks for replying guys.
Things are better now, probably they are just sick of having bh as i usually feed more bh then tetrabits. Will slowly introduce back to them again.