PDA

View Full Version : Wound beside the eye

sandoby
01-28-2012, 06:44 PM
hi,
one of my fishes has a small Wound beside its eye because of drift wood and the eye turned to little cloudy . what should i do ?

DonMD
01-28-2012, 09:08 PM
1 TBS salt per gallon may help the healing.

Brokenrack
01-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Do you mean 1 tbsp per 5 gallons? Or 1 tsp per gallon? 1Tbsp per gallon is a pretty high concentration?

Ardan
01-29-2012, 07:56 AM
I would make sure to do daily wc's. The tank and water must be kept very clean.
Salt can be used at 1 tbsp per gallon safely. Some salt won't hurt and may help.

hth
Ardan

sandoby
01-29-2012, 08:16 AM
thanks but what is the meaning of tbsp ?

TURQ64
01-29-2012, 09:20 AM
tsp=teaspoon
tbsp=tablespoon
kitchen measurement devices

DonMD
01-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Do you mean 1 tbsp per 5 gallons? Or 1 tsp per gallon? 1Tbsp per gallon is a pretty high concentration?

I have used this dosage w/o any problems at all. It might not be great for plants, tho. This dosage, in fact, was recommended to me by an aquatic veterinarian from Virginia Tech. It will assist in healing.

wadewc
01-29-2012, 10:19 AM
You can buy the expensive aquarium salt at the pet store or you can go to home depot and buy Diamond Crystal solar salt that works just fine and alot cheaper.

Wade

lipadj46
01-29-2012, 10:25 AM
the op is from egypt not sure there are many home depots there

sent from my ti-85 during chemistry class

wadewc
01-29-2012, 10:30 AM
LOL did not see that. Never been to Egypt. This salt I mentioned is used for water softners if that helps.

Wade

sandoby
01-29-2012, 11:09 AM
thanks alot for help
of course we've alot of depots which i can buy both aquarium salt and crystal salt
but one more question does methelin blue help in my case ?

Brokenrack
01-29-2012, 02:49 PM
I have used this dosage w/o any problems at all. It might not be great for plants, tho. This dosage, in fact, was recommended to me by an aquatic veterinarian from Virginia Tech. It will assist in healing.

My mistake, you are right it's .3% I was thinking it was 3%

wadewc
01-31-2012, 08:18 AM
thanks alot for help
of course we've alot of depots which i can buy both aquarium salt and crystal salt
but one more question does methelin blue help in my case ?

I have used methelin blue but not for this application. Salt helps, [reduce stress, heal scrathes on fish, helps with some fin problems and some constipation problems.] Sorry I am not a big fan of using chemicals. I only use them when there is no other option or I have confirmed I have a disease. When I first started with Discus I had a entire cabinet full of chemicals, One of my fish was showing signs of bloating, I put it in my quaranteen tank and started dumping checmicals. [ The look on the fish reminded me of the sixties. Spaced out and stressed. I did a little drug experimenting in those days. :) ] I always say try to keep it simple and don't panic. Use salt, daily water changes and the fish will be just fine. It has always worked for me. My motto is keep it simple.

Just my two cents,
Wade