PDA

View Full Version : Under sink adapter for water

Rubberducky
01-29-2012, 03:59 PM
There has got to be some sort of adapter that I could mount under my sink to allow me to just screw a garden hose into. I am getting sick of unscrewing the diffuser at my kitchen sink, in order to connect my python. Any suggestions?

Wes
01-29-2012, 05:33 PM
you could add a shut off valve to the water line under the sink. the same type that your garden hose is connected to out side.

daffyfish
01-29-2012, 05:47 PM
I believe they make some diffusers, that are threaded to accept a garden hose.
I have one on my utility sink.

atitagain
01-29-2012, 07:11 PM
I believe they make some diffusers, that are threaded to accept a garden hose.
I have one on my utility sink.

+1

Rubberducky
01-29-2012, 08:26 PM
you could add a shut off valve to the water line under the sink. the same type that your garden hose is connected to out side.

Then I would need two hoses, one for hot and one for cold.

Wes
01-29-2012, 09:21 PM
No, it could be done. A hot and cold water supply with shut off vavles. Each side going into one side of a tee fitting. The output of the tee would be 3/4 galvanized pipe. Garden hose can screw into the 3/4 pipe. It wont be pertty but it will work. Its the same principal as a faucet. Or use a shower valve. Increase the out put size with a 3/4 fitting and screw in hose.

DiscusOnly
01-29-2012, 09:30 PM
There has got to be some sort of adapter that I could mount under my sink to allow me to just screw a garden hose into. I am getting sick of unscrewing the diffuser at my kitchen sink, in order to connect my python. Any suggestions?

It can be done with various parts from your local hardware stores. You basically want to a threaded value with splitter at the water line connection under the sink. I highly suggest getting a mixing valve to combine the hot/cold.

Van

2sybs
02-18-2012, 11:40 PM
It can be done with various parts from your local hardware stores. You basically want to a threaded value with splitter at the water line connection under the sink. I highly suggest getting a mixing valve to combine the hot/cold.

Van

I am planning on installing a thermostatic mixing valve in my basement directly to the supply lines and running a line up through the floor near my tank but they also have some with 3/8" connections that you could tee to under the sink, You could also change out the stop valves with one of these running one of the lines to the tempering valve and one to the faucet.

http://www.homedepot.com/Plumbing-Pipes-Fittings-Valves-Valves/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbbl6/R-202047052/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/Watts-Series-USG-B-M1-Under-Sink-Guardian-Thermostatic-Mixing-Valve-3-8-0204130/73689/Cat/254

I am thinking that the cold side runs straight through as well as mixing with the hot to get the desired temp so it could be just capped off and use the tempered hot side set to around 80deg or so and place a ball valve on the output with a hose bib.