PDA

View Full Version : So....this is being a discus owner

JenTN
02-05-2012, 01:53 AM
Sent my sister a text today. I said "will be going out of town next month. Will pay u x to take care of the pets...but that includes changing the fish water everyday". Lol. Same sister that had to wait for FedEx for my discus and plop em in. Thank God she's close & kind!

damba
02-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Im have hand surgery in six weeks. I wont be able to do anything with it for 4 weeks and light duties for twelve weeks.
My other half has to do daily waterchanges for discus and mbuna and fifty perc water changes on the other nine tanks. He is not amused;)
Tom

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

JenTN
02-05-2012, 09:59 AM
At least he is being helpful! I broke my leg requiring surgery a few yrs ago..couldnt put weight on it, had to use a wheelchair. I had one 55 with mbuna...my ex refused to do one wc. I was in the hosp 3 days! So with overstocked mbuna, I tried.but tank crashed. I was so upset...I had fry and the most beautiful male msobo. We divorced a few months after lol! GL with the surgery, hope all goes well!

discus day
02-05-2012, 11:58 AM
when i go out of town i ave to pay a hefty fine for a stranger to do wc on my tanks lol

Corona
02-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Sent my sister a text today. I said "will be going out of town next month. Will pay u x to take care of the pets...but that includes changing the fish water everyday". Lol. Same sister that had to wait for FedEx for my discus and plop em in. Thank God she's close & kind!

Wow, what a sister! Even my sisters won't change my discus water. My youngest sister is super kind; but, that would be too much to ask "everyday".

shoveltrash
02-05-2012, 03:07 PM
.....wish I wasn't an only child! LOL
oh for a sister to do WCs in my absence :D

good luck with your surgery Tom! (and blessings to your OH, 11 tanks???!)

JenTN
02-05-2012, 03:10 PM
I know she is awesome! I did offer her 4 free discus when mine grow out if she gets a tank..may be a tuff sell on her hubby lol. I also did the mean aunt thing and sent a pic of her then 1 yr ol and a betta in a bag at the lfs..she was like oh u got a betta? I said nope, its Isabella's! Lol

discus day
02-05-2012, 03:13 PM

but that means you have to do your siblings water change when THEYRE away =p

damba
02-05-2012, 03:59 PM

Thanks and eleven is correct. 3 x 100g tanks with centrals marine and oscars obviously separate. 1 x 75g with 13 discus. 1x 50g high mbuna. 6 x 20g with xenocota eiseni convicts latecara plakats and keyholes. Sundays are busy...

JenTN
02-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks and eleven is correct. 3 x 100g tanks with centrals marine and oscars obviously separate. 1 x 75g with 13 discus. 1x 50g high mbuna. 6 x 20g with xenocota eiseni convicts latecara plakats and keyholes. Sundays are busy...

I love mbuna..what do you keep? I kept msobo (favorite), Hongi, and red zebra.

Corona
02-05-2012, 07:11 PM
I know she is awesome! I also did the mean aunt thing and sent a pic of her then 1 yr ol and a betta in a bag at the lfs..she was like oh u got a betta? I said nope, its Isabella's! Lol

Care to clarify this? So, this is a picture of your sister's then 1 year old kid? Who is Isabella, your sister, your niece, etc.???

JenTN
02-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Care to clarify this? So, this is a picture of your sister's then 1 year old kid? Who is Isabella, your sister, your niece, etc.???

Isabella is my one and only niece. She LOVES to go to the lfs with me. So one day I bought her her first pet :-) She was soo excited. Then about a year later her new cat ate it! So Im going to have to get her a new one with a tank with a lid! Hans sent babies for my kids, so I told her one is hers (shes almost 3 now)...she named it Dora. When she was little she would scream when her parents left her anywhere...except here because of the fish! Id hold her up to the tank and she just watch so fascinated :-)

Corona
02-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Isabella is my one and only niece. She LOVES to go to the lfs with me. So one day I bought her her first pet :-) She was soo excited. Then about a year later her new cat ate it! So Im going to have to get her a new one with a tank with a lid! Hans sent babies for my kids, so I told her one is hers (shes almost 3 now)...she named it Dora. When she was little she would scream when her parents left her anywhere...except here because of the fish! Id hold her up to the tank and she just watch so fascinated :-)

Ok, now it sounds good. Then how are you being a mean aunt, maybe I am a little dense?

JenTN
02-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Ok, now it sounds good. Then how are you being a mean aunt, maybe I am a little dense?

Oh guess I worded it wrong..more like bad sister lol..like hey I didnt ask but I got ur kid a pet! Lol. She thought it was neat tho. My sister and I are best friends tho.

Corona
02-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Oh guess I worded it wrong..more like bad sister lol..like hey I didnt ask but I got ur kid a pet! Lol. She thought it was neat tho. My sister and I are best friends tho.

It makes sense now. I treat my youngest sister's kids the same as if they were her; that's how much I love my youngest sister. That's why I didn't understand when you said you were a mean aunt. :) Thanks for the story.

pseudocaesar
02-06-2012, 01:45 AM
Sounds like my little brother! I have gotten him into the hobby (he has a 2 footer with some Goldfish lol) and he is quite good with water changes and helps me with my Discus maintenance, I know if I ever have to go somewhere the tank will be in safe hands

damba
02-06-2012, 08:06 AM
I love mbuna..what do you keep? I kept msobo (favorite), Hongi, and red zebra.

I have metriaclima greshaki pseudotropheus salouisi pseudotropheus elongatus and tropheus red kaiser and it works great. I love them.