PDA

View Full Version : grade?

discus day
02-05-2012, 02:38 PM
what are selected grade,regular grade and all that?

Discus-n00b
02-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Just ways retailers or wholesalers market their product. If I understand it correctly, it doesn't always (but might sometimes depending on the person) refer to the shape or quality of the fish....but more the pattern on the fish. A finer spotted full coverage LSS would be a select grade where as the same strain with maybe bigger spots, or not full coverage would be regular grade.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, or give a better example lol.

discus day
02-05-2012, 04:08 PM
o ok so the difference in reg grade and a selected grade is that a selected grade the fish has more pattern and is "considerably better" correct? like the best of the best then the best and so on?

Discus-n00b
02-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Its not always just the pattern, but most I have talked to referenced it being about the pattern.

Here is a visual example, note the second post with the Super Checkerboard Pigeons, pretty much same size just one is select grade. Both are nice fish, both have good shapes...just the select grade are the ones with more color, more pattern coverage, stronger patterns etc.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?92749-Preview-of-Dec-2011-Forrest-shipment-%28Price-list-included%29