PDA

View Full Version : Water changes....

Addictedtodiscus
02-13-2012, 04:54 AM
I dont know about you guys, but I find that doing water changes for my discus is very therapeutic. I do it the old way with 5 gallon buckets and simple siphone hose, which can get very heavy at times, but its so relaxing at the same time. I guess its the fact that i really love my discus's and i know what I am doing is good for them especially seeing great results from it BTW...my mind just escapes for a couple of minutes, and when im done, even after carrying 3-5 bucket of 5 gallons of water from the the bathroom to the fish rack, i sit back, watch them and for the first time in the day i get to "relax."

Melissa
02-13-2012, 05:44 AM
Hehe, I remember those days! Relaxing indeed!
Until youre dealing with changing 100+ gallons a day :)

Now I switch the pump on and sit back and relax. Still therapeutic lol

Squidman
02-13-2012, 05:23 PM
+1. Although I have started setting timers as well. I won't say who this may or may not have happened to, but I may be aware of an instance where someone got too comfortable watching a movie while the tank was refilling, and,well, you can guess from there... :fried:

Bud
02-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Haha Id really like to hear some overflow stories!:)I knew Id end up doin it so i got a drilled tank! I have returned to a dry pump grinding away.But ya its kinda my excuse for "getting away".

mwdw
02-13-2012, 09:40 PM
taking care of discus is relaxing. don't miss packing buckets to my 150. lol
mike