PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NADA Convention, Altanta - who's going???

shoveltrash
02-17-2012, 10:06 AM
heya! I'm thinking of registering for the convention (it's not far from me!), and wondered who from SD will be planning on attending?
I guess I should join NADA........off to check out their site :)

Chicago Discus
02-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Trish Im going it should be fun and very informative............Josie

ZX10R
02-17-2012, 10:14 AM
I won't get to hear any speakers but I am planning on getting there Friday afternoon and staying until Saturday afternoon if all goes as planned.

shoveltrash
02-17-2012, 10:25 AM
so.....have you guys registered, and where are you staying? (sorry, just trying to figure out what to do.....firstoff is to see if I can get time off from work! LOL)
:D

deepflyball
02-17-2012, 10:43 AM
my wife and i will be there and hope to bring 3 or 4 fish to show. Man i hope thet take it easy on us poor dumb Texas boys. Jerry

Disgirl
02-17-2012, 10:48 AM
I will be there for the whole thing!
Barb

Larry Bugg
02-17-2012, 11:03 AM
I think I may come.

seanyuki
02-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Most of us will be staying here.....Sheraton Gateway Hotel

http://nadaatlanta2012.com/

hth

Larry Bugg
02-17-2012, 11:07 AM
so.....have you guys registered, and where are you staying? (sorry, just trying to figure out what to do.....firstoff is to see if I can get time off from work! LOL)
:D

That is a easy one to answer. Why would you stay anywhere other than the hotel is is being held at? We have a great rate for the weekend!! Go to the Show website and then click on the registrations link. On the registration page you will see the link to the Hotel registration. Couple of clicks later and you are all hooked up. It is going to be a blast.

http://nadaatlanta2012.com/

John_Nicholson
02-17-2012, 11:17 AM
I will be there. Should be a hell of a good time.

-john

ZX10R
02-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Do I have to register if I just plan on looking around and meeting people?

Will there be any vendors there?

roclement
02-17-2012, 11:50 AM
The New Jersey crew will be in the house, and bringing fish!

Rodrigo

Discus-n00b
02-17-2012, 12:04 PM
I'll be there, trying to pull the girlfriend with me...we'll see, but definitely me.

Chicago Discus
02-17-2012, 12:06 PM
I can't wait to put faces to names.............Josie

Cambik
02-17-2012, 12:12 PM
I just reserved the Hotel room.....Will wait on the show tickets for a bit. Since I may have to cancel out. As of this moment though I plan on being there.

Discus-n00b
02-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Speaking of, for you NADA guys running this thing.....how long will Banquet tickets be sold? Is there a cut off date? Just until capacity?

John_Nicholson
02-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Do I have to register if I just plan on looking around and meeting people?

Will there be any vendors there?

You don't have to register for that, but the club needs you to register if you can. We are a non-profit so if this show was to tank then there probably would be no more...The show in Dallas was a success so it allowed us to build for this one, but we are still young and our margin of error is still fairly thin.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

-john

John_Nicholson
02-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered and hotel reservation done.

-john

JenTN
02-17-2012, 12:52 PM
I am realllly hoping to be able to attend. Just joined NADA this week.

TNT77
02-17-2012, 12:56 PM
I have my hotel booked, my nada membership, a way to get there, boxes to take fish home in, what else is there? :)

ZX10R
02-17-2012, 01:01 PM
You don't have to register for that, but the club needs you to register if you can. We are a non-profit so if this show was to tank then there probably would be no more...The show in Dallas was a success so it allowed us to build for this one, but we are still young and our margin of error is still fairly thin.

-john

Club as in NADA? I don't mind donating money to the NADA to help just won't get to hear speakers or do the banquet.

JenTN
02-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Oh Lord I just reserved my hotel room...you all are pulling me into some Discus vortex!! Next I'll be raising my right hand and holding a siphon in another pledging to do daily waterchanges!!

Inland Empire Discus
02-17-2012, 01:38 PM
I am planing on being there.

John_Nicholson
02-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Club as in NADA? I don't mind donating money to the NADA to help just won't get to hear speakers or do the banquet.

Yes as in NADA. The speakers are almost always interesting ( the first speaker in Dallas kind of sucked but the rest were great...LOL ) and worth listening to. You never know what tidbit of info you will pick up.

-john

JenTN
02-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Do we normal peons buy tickets to the convention or to the banquet too, or is the banquet just for people with fish in the show? I am confused??

John_Nicholson
02-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Anyone can attend the banquet. Normally that is where the awards are presented.

-john

ZX10R
02-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Do we normal peons buy tickets to the convention or to the banquet too, or is the banquet just for people with fish in the show? I am confused??

I was also that is why I just PM'd Larry about things. I will be going on vacation starting that weekend and I won't have a lot of time to do things but just meet some people and look around then hit the road. I won't be doing the banquet or hear speakers just visiting to say HI and look.

yim11
02-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Chicago Discus
02-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Does anyone know if the people auctioning of the Discus are going to have Styrofoam,bags and boxes for those who purchase can get the fish home because for the life of me I can't figure how Im going to get empty boxes on the plane to NADA. I figured out how to get them home through Delta but I'm not sure if there will be packing material there for people to use that purchase.....Josie

John_Nicholson
02-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Normally there are a few stray boxed floating around, but I would start looking for them when you first get there. They usually disappear in a hurry.

-john

Chicago Discus
02-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Normally there are a few stray boxed floating around, but I would start looking for them when you first get there. They usually disappear in a hurry.

-john
I can't chance that John LOL how would I get the Discus home if I didn't have somthing to put them in......

John_Nicholson
02-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Contact a local fish store to see if you can get one from them.

-john

Discus-n00b
02-17-2012, 03:53 PM
I plan to bring all the styro boxes I have. Cleans out the garage and gets them out of my hair, and so people can use them....LOL

Larry Bugg
02-17-2012, 03:54 PM

There are several different things you should register for and all links are on the Show Website. You will definitely want to reserve your hotel room. You will want to be at the Show Hotel!! From the time you wake up to the time you choose to go to bed, there will be people hanging out and talking discus. The $50 NADA Show registration gains you access to the speaker sessions. The Awards Banquet is Saturday evening. It includes a nice meal, one of our speakers will give a talk and the winners of the Discus Show will be announced and the awards will be handed out. It is well worth the $45 price. Registering for the banquet prior to the Show is encouraged. Andrew Soh will be teaching a special course . There is a thread here in the NADA Show section on Simply going into some detail about this course. This course will be held Friday before the Show officially begins. The registration price of this course is $150. I will add that this is the lowest price this course has ever been offered at. The only other registration fees are for the Discus you plan to bring and enter in the Show.

sbayzden
02-17-2012, 04:00 PM
I am planning on making our reservations this week coming. My husband and I are looking forward to the show and we know that we will be going home with a lot of inspiration for the future.
Sharyn

JenTN
02-17-2012, 04:03 PM
There are several different things you should register for and all links are on the Show Website. You will definitely want to reserve your hotel room. You will want to be at the Show Hotel!! From the time you wake up to the time you choose to go to bed, there will be people hanging out and talking discus. The $50 NADA Show registration gains you access to the speaker sessions. The Awards Banquet is Saturday evening. It includes a nice meal, one of our speakers will give a talk and the winners of the Discus Show will be announced and the awards will be handed out. It is well worth the $45 price. Registering for the banquet prior to the Show is encouraged. Andrew Soh will be teaching a special course . There is a thread here in the NADA Show section on Simply going into some detail about this course. This course will be held Friday before the Show officially begins. The registration price of this course is $150. I will add that this is the lowest price this course has ever been offered at. The only other registration fees are for the Discus you plan to bring and enter in the Show.

Thank you, I will not be showing any discus but I will be there! I now have a babysitter, yay! I already have my hotel reservation :-) I guess I can bring my discus books that are on order with me to be signed. I headed down a slippery slope fast!

DiscusLoverJeff
02-17-2012, 05:50 PM
I would not mind going as well. Sounds like a great experience and as mentioned, but some faces to the folks at SD.

Drive or fly, now thats the choice. 12 hour drive from me.

John_Nicholson
02-17-2012, 05:54 PM
12 hours for me also, but it allows me to bring back fish easier if I chose to.

-john

roclement
02-17-2012, 06:08 PM
John, what is the schedule for the judging class? What day and times so I am sure I am there on time.

Rod

nwehrman
02-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Trip in planning stages -- will be flying because my family is coming with me. We're coming in the week before so we can see Atlanta zoo and the aquarium then they will babysit and revisit places while I go to NADA convention is the plan right now...

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonMD
02-17-2012, 06:13 PM
It will be a FULL day drive from the Washington DC area for my wife and myself, but we're looking forward to it! All the really remarkable outstanding speakers, the banquet, and all the fish and all the conversations, how could a discus hobbyist miss it? I wonder how "our" NADA convention (I can say that because I joined NADA last year) compares to some of the international shows we hear about, such as in Prague, Singapore, etc? On a par? Less attendance? Better attended? Some of the regulars on Simply must have attended some of these international shows.

It will be great to put names to faces. One of the great things about this forum, and NADA, will be to get a fuller sense of the community, and also of course, to learn more about these beautiful fish.

John_Nicholson
02-17-2012, 06:18 PM
John, what is the schedule for the judging class? What day and times so I am sure I am there on time.

Rod

I have not checked with Larry but we will be in the room at the same time as the show judges. We will probably also have an informal get together before to cover some of the ground rules.

-john

roclement
02-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Sooo if we get there on Friday by noonish we shoul dbe OK?

Rod

Chicago Discus
02-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Im going to enter myself Im big 6+ spotted (freckles) and nice blue eyes........LOL..........Josie

John_Nicholson
02-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Sooo if we get there on Friday by noonish we shoul dbe OK?

Rod

yep, but its not like you can pass the test anyway...LOL.

-john

roclement
02-17-2012, 06:38 PM
:( No special treatment for other outdated old timers????

Rod

John_Nicholson
02-17-2012, 06:49 PM
LOL......Yea I will give you a discount when I finish my book and the fastest method to kill your discus.....

-john

roclement
02-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Great! I will send a copy to all my customers so they can re-order quicker! :)

Rodrigo

Keith Perkins
02-17-2012, 08:22 PM
I would not mind going as well. Sounds like a great experience and as mentioned, but some faces to the folks at SD.

Drive or fly, now thats the choice. 12 hour drive from me.

I say we drive.

Chad Adams
02-17-2012, 10:33 PM
I think I'll show up:)
Seriously, if there is any way, any how, any way at all for you to get there- You should!
This is a can't miss event for the Discus Hobbyist.

Chad

seanyuki
02-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Hey Rod.....you must bring your band too......also a need a new copy of yr latest cd lah.

The New Jersey crew will be in the house, and bringing fish!

Rodrigo

Parrish
02-17-2012, 11:22 PM
I might fly up, spend the day Saturday, and fly back that night. I travel every day but I hate hotels.

Second Hand Pat
02-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Hmmm, should I come??

Keith Perkins
02-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Well if Jeff decides he wants to do a road trip, heck yes.

Chicago Discus
02-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Jeff or Keith if you guys drive will you take two boxes down for me..........Josie

Keith Perkins
02-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Heck yeah, no guarantee the contents get returned properly though. :D I think I have three.

seanyuki
02-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Hi Pat.....I buy you beers/soft drinks and hope to see you there .......so many well known speakers at the Nada show.....Andrew Soh,Dick Au,Dieter Untergasser,Jact Whattley etc.

Hmmm, should I come??

Chicago Discus
02-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Heck yeah, no guarantee the contents get returned properly though. :D I think I have three.
LOL your so silly

LKSDiscus
02-18-2012, 12:29 AM
I joined Nada Last year do you need to renew every year?

yim11
02-18-2012, 12:47 AM
I joined Nada Last year do you need to renew every year?

Nope, you will receive a renewal notice or if you attend the show you will be renewed with your registration.

Thanks,
-jim

Second Hand Pat
02-18-2012, 12:59 AM
Well if Jeff decides he wants to do a road trip, heck yes.

Hi Pat.....I buy you beers/soft drinks and hope to see you there .......so many well known speakers at the Nada show.....Andrew Soh,Dick Au,Dieter Untergasser,Jact Whattley etc.

I do have the ok from the hubby and he will even go. I need a weekend baby sitter for the dogs, fishes and horses. So if I can line someone up I'm in.

2075turner
02-18-2012, 01:08 AM
Well, let's see. I bought my tickets 4 months ago or so?? Convention, Banquet, and Andrew Soh's presentation...

I'M GOING!:D

Oh, and Norm's tagging along as well;)

Second Hand Pat
02-18-2012, 01:13 AM
Oh good, some folks for the non-fishy hubbies to hang with.

Cambik
02-18-2012, 01:22 AM
Any single women coming?

2075turner
02-18-2012, 02:52 AM
Oh good, some folks for the non-fishy hubbies to hang with.

Yep, the arm candy can entertain themselves :D Obviously, Norm doesn't have an account here;) lol

DLock3d
02-18-2012, 05:01 AM
Any single women coming?

Skips going but I think he's recently engaged. Sorry Bro.

John_Nicholson
02-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Any single women coming?

Well whilr Skip is engaged I think he might still jump a fence or 2 for you....LOL.

-john

Second Hand Pat
02-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Well whilr Skip is engaged I think he might still jump a fence or 2 for you....LOL.

-john

That would be entertaining...

Disgirl
02-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Glad to hear you other ladies are bringing hubbies too, me too, he will need other guys to talk with while I am talking discus. He enjoys looking at my tanks but it isn't his thing other than that.
Barb

Keith Perkins
02-18-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm sorry Pat, but glancing at your last post I start at the bottom right and see "entertaining" and then glance up and see "John_Nicholson". Now remembering this is a NADA thread...I've seen the picture! :scared:

Second Hand Pat
02-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Well Keith, John in a dress and Skip jumping fences should at least be fun to watch...at a distance.

Cambik
02-18-2012, 11:19 AM

-john

Umm I don't go that way.....I am only into Women...Sorry Skip....

John_Nicholson
02-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Don't worry folks I am too old for the dress...besides my wife took the dress away from me.....LOL.

-john

Second Hand Pat
02-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Best that way John :)

Chicago Discus
02-18-2012, 02:06 PM
no hubbie just me, I'm trying to talk my 11 year old into coming but he seems to have much more important things to do.....LOL.....Josie

JenTN
02-18-2012, 02:07 PM
no hubbie just me, I'm trying to talk my 11 year old into coming but he seems to have much more important things to do.....LOL.....Josie

Its just going to be me, I think my kids would be VERY bored!

Chicago Discus
02-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Its just going to be me, I think my kids would be VERY bored!
Yea I think he would drive me crazy because he would be so board

JenTN
02-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Yea I think he would drive me crazy because he would be so board

We single ladies should have a "ladies night" one night :-D

roclement
02-18-2012, 02:29 PM
If Natalia comes from Europe I'll jump many fences for her! :)

Rodrigo

Second Hand Pat
02-18-2012, 02:50 PM

Rodrigo

I miss her too Rodrigo but not in that way lol

scottthomas
02-18-2012, 05:15 PM
I dont know. Its about a 20 minute drive for me. Gas prices and all...

Chicago Discus
02-18-2012, 05:24 PM
I dont know. Its about a 20 minute drive for me. Gas prices and all...
oh you poor thang, such a long journey

Keith Perkins
02-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Yeah, too bad I still don't live in Marietta.

nc0gnet0
02-19-2012, 01:39 AM
I have always been curious of how the people that are bringing fish for the show get them there? Are the tanks setup and ready aheadd of time?

Rick

Larry Bugg
02-19-2012, 02:14 AM
I have always been curious of how the people that are bringing fish for the show get them there? Are the tanks setup and ready aheadd of time?

Rick

Hey Rick,

Yes the tanks will be set up and waiting on the discus to arrive. People will either be driving to the show and will bring their fish with them or they will ship them to us. If shipping the easiest way will be airport to airport. The hotel is very close to the cargo building where live fish come in and all we need is the shipping info and we will have someone pick them up and bring them to the hotel where we will get them in the tank for you. They could also be shipped directly to one of us at the hotel.

yim11
02-19-2012, 02:17 AM

Rick

Yes, tanks are setup and ready ahead of time. That consists of dechlored water, sponge filter and either heated room or heater in tank. When you register fish for the show they know how many tanks to reserve for you.

In Dallas, most fish were shipped in via air cargo. It's my understanding you can FedEx the fish to the hotel with attention to someone that will already be there and they can receive your fish and either hold the box or plop-n-drop.

HTHs,
-jim

yim11
02-19-2012, 02:18 AM
Beat me to it Larry! LOL

shoveltrash
02-19-2012, 09:05 AM
wow!!! I started this thread, am gone for a whole day, and WHAM 6 pages :D

very exciting that so many people are going!...............I need to read all these posts, I'm figuring on going Sat/Sun.

girls night out really should be a plan :)

(just a tiny whinge here, I was offline because of having to work seventeen hours straight friday night/saturday morning, on call :cry: :cry: :cry:)

nc0gnet0
02-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey Rick,

Yes the tanks will be set up and waiting on the discus to arrive. People will either be driving to the show and will bring their fish with them or they will ship them to us. If shipping the easiest way will be airport to airport. The hotel is very close to the cargo building where live fish come in and all we need is the shipping info and we will have someone pick them up and bring them to the hotel where we will get them in the tank for you. They could also be shipped directly to one of us at the hotel.

Interesting, any idea what the water parameters are to be used? At what point in the week do you start accepting fish (wednessday, thursday, etc)? I have always been curious about this aspect of showing fish, as it usually takes some time for them to regain their optimal color after being shipped and adjusting to different water parameters. If I make it this year (game time decision due to work) I wouldn't be bringing any fish anyways, but I am asking for future (2014) reference.

Rick

Larry Bugg
02-19-2012, 01:59 PM
We will need to actually test the water at the Shearton but in general Atlanta's water is very soft. Average PH out of the tap is right at 7 and TDS is around 60. The hotel should be very close to this. We will set the stands and tanks up on Thursday so as a general rule we wouldn't expect to recieve Discus shipped prior to Thursday.

shoveltrash
02-21-2012, 12:53 PM
ok, I've now read thru all 6 pages :D ("jumping fences" & men in dresses??? I can't miss out on THAT, LOLOL). and FINGERS CROSSED, if my work will let me take the time off, I'll be there!!!! (should find out tomorrow)

this is so exciting :). I feel lucky to be within driving distance....even though it's a 3 1/2hr drive. I'll even bring a spare styrofoam cooler, if anyone needs one!
*I must not buy more fish, I must not buy more fish, I must not buy more fish*

JenTN
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Trish, u are fairly close to me! We could almost carpool! If u are ever near my way, we should hang out! Not many fishy people around here :-(

Discus-n00b
02-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Trish, you must really hit the gas to get from Monroe to Atlanta in 3.5hrs. LOL!!! Its right at about a 4 hour trip, maybe a little under from me here in Columbia. I plan on driving it too. :D

shoveltrash
02-21-2012, 01:19 PM
where are you Jen?

LOL Matt, in the past I've clocked 3 hours from here to Hotlanta!!!! (I tend to drive fast on the interstate.....)
although I'm more conservative these days, so perhaps 4+ hours would be a better guesstimate. :D

Discus-n00b
02-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Watch out folks, Trish is coming in hot to hotlanta! haha I drive fairly fast too, well I should say...keep up with the traffic blowing me off the road.

JenTN
02-21-2012, 01:39 PM
where are you Jen?

LOL Matt, in the past I've clocked 3 hours from here to Hotlanta!!!! (I tend to drive fast on the interstate.....)
although I'm more conservative these days, so perhaps 4+ hours would be a better guesstimate. :D

Knoxville, TN

Skip
02-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Skips going but I think he's recently engaged. Sorry Bro.

-john

That would be entertaining...
Just because i am on a DIET, doesn't mean i can look at the MENU.. besides.. what happens in HOT-Lanta stays in HOT-Lanta.. except STD's.. that SH*T will come back with you..

Rodrigo

VERA is coming?!! :) :)

ok.. i am coming up.. Cambik and I will have a BACHELOR PAD!!!

where are the Hooka's.. ?!
http://www.greatsociety.org/uploads/userfiles/3/cannon15.jpg

Chicago Discus
02-21-2012, 02:05 PM
http://youtu.be/K29yL-2Iuf4

JenTN
02-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Yeah skip we dont want al to have to start a human disease section for u hos ;-)

MostlyDiscus
03-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Signed up and ready to go. Pumped

John_Nicholson
03-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Ed can't wait to see ya there.

-john

Chad Adams
03-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Ed,
That's awesome. Great to see you're coming!

Chad

yim11
04-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Flight and hotel are booked! Looks like Skips got the escorts covered, so I guess I just need to start practicing my "pro drinking" so I can try to keep up with everyone during the after hours events!

fdlacy
04-16-2012, 01:30 AM
I will be there representing south Nashvile. Hope to meet some of you.

Darren

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

korbi_doc
04-16-2012, 11:34 AM
I'll be there....driving from Shiloh, Tn, probably 'bout 6 hrs....& I don't drive as fast as I used to, exc on the interstates....then it's pedal to the metal, lol....but I can't wait to see everyone & all those fish too, lol....I think we need name tags so we can put names & faces to the user names, lol.....should be great fun!!

Dottie

Skip
04-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Flight and hotel are booked! Looks like Skips got the escorts covered, so I guess I just need to start practicing my "pro drinking" so I can try to keep up with everyone during the after hours events!

i use to be part of the SECRET SERVICE :)

Moon
04-16-2012, 12:56 PM
There will be a Canadian contingent there.

Chicago Discus
04-16-2012, 01:09 PM

I will protect you skip :)

yogi
04-16-2012, 08:16 PM

Just don't argue over payment and you will be fine.

2075turner
04-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Wow, this seems like it is coming up fast. Can't wait. I will be there, not sure about Norm now 8-( We shall see as the time comes near.

Discus-Hans
04-17-2012, 04:35 AM

Yeah sure, sooooo secret, even you didn't know lol lol

Hans

shoveltrash
04-17-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm HOPING to be able to make it, but still haven't made reservations or registered......does anyone know if you can register/pay for the convention on-site? I can't commit yet :(
(ailing Mother)

fingers crossed!!!!

Skip
04-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Yeah sure, sooooo secret, even you didn't know lol lol

Hans

shhhh!! don't tell anybody.. but i was in COLOMBIA too!! but unlike the others.. i paid my "TAB".. lol

Chad Adams
04-17-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm HOPING to be able to make it, but still haven't made reservations or registered......does anyone know if you can register/pay for the convention on-site? I can't commit yet :(
(ailing Mother)
fingers crossed!!!!

Trish,
Sorry to hear about your mother. i hope everything turns out ok.
Yes you will be able to pay on-site but is less money & easier to pre-register. Also hotel reservations at the awesome rate will drop-off
sometime in May I believe.

Chad

Altum Nut
04-17-2012, 10:36 AM
There will be a Canadian contingent there.

Joe,
Make sure you, Ron and Evelyn behave yourselves while your down there. Do not want stories to start circulating around Simply on how nasty us Canadians can be.
Ha-Ha...show us proud and have fun.
Evelyn...looks like you made it back home OK on Sunday.

...Ralph

shoveltrash
04-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Trish,
Sorry to hear about your mother. i hope everything turns out ok.
Yes you will be able to pay on-site but is less money & easier to pre-register. Also hotel reservations at the awesome rate will drop-off
sometime in May I believe.

Chad

thank you so much Chad :)

hopefully I will be able to *commit* for reservations before that May date......I suppose I need to call the hotel to find out the exact date.
I just hate to pay, then not be able to come :(

Moon
04-17-2012, 11:54 AM
It'll be single malts and cigars for me.

JenTN
04-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Trish, sent you a pm about this.

TNT77
04-17-2012, 07:18 PM

hopefully I will be able to *commit* for reservations before that May date......I suppose I need to call the hotel to find out the exact date.
Trish just become a member of NADA and make your hotel reservation...they don't charge you to do that. You have a week before the reservation date to cancel without being charged.

Chad Adams
04-17-2012, 09:50 PM

Group rate is available until May 28th.

Chad

2075turner
04-19-2012, 08:56 PM
It'll be single malts and cigars for me.
I'm sure there will be other influences Joe;)

2075turner
04-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Joe,
Make sure you, Ron and Evelyn behave yourselves while your down there. Do not want stories to start circulating around Simply on how nasty us Canadians can be.
Ha-Ha...show us proud and have fun.
Evelyn...looks like you made it back home OK on Sunday.

...Ralph

Lol Ralph,
I always behave myself:angel:
It was great to meet you. We made it back home at 1am. Was exhausted but had a great time. I will be there for the next get together in Ajax next year. Hamilton too as long as my munchkins don't get sick.

Cheers, Evelyn

Moon
04-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Hamilton in the fall. Fish show and auction. Before that there is NADA, catfish convention and Ohio chiclid convention. So many conventions so little time.

DLock3d
04-25-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm booked. Larry, is there anyway to include our simply handles on our name tags?

DLock3d
04-25-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm booked. Larry, is there anyway to include our simply handles on our name tags?
Other than just manually writing it on there. :) I was thinking maybe having our avatar on it too. Could be too pricey but thought id ask.

Discus-Hans
04-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Dan, they hand out markers, you can write it on your forhead lol lol

Hans

DonMD
04-25-2012, 05:00 AM

Hans

Right, especially if you've got PLENTY of room there, right, Hans ? ? ?

ZX10R
04-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Since I don't want to read 9 pages and 126 replies :) it might have been said before but someone needs to come up with a way that the Simply members find each other. Name tags, same colored shirts, or even wear simply t-shirts. I would love to meet some of you here at the show but how can you tell members from non-members. Just a thought

Sean

Second Hand Pat
04-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Maybe another thread where we introduce ourselves with pictures. You will have not trouble finding me. I will be the shortest one there besides John.

Chad Adams
04-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Hey Dan,
Thanks for the suggestion.
It will be tough, but not impossible, to do "usernames" for a few reasons. First, we are registered by our names and that's where the name tags will be printed from. Also, not all attendees are Simply members so to have that would be a little cumbersome. At the very least we would leave space for it to be written in. Maybe we can find a way to get it printed on there however. I'll check with the registrar.

Chad

John_Nicholson
04-25-2012, 09:35 AM
LOL.....Hans we will need to write Dan's name for him.......

Great someone else that is short.....With Dick Au being there I will be at least 3rd from the bottom.

-john

DLock3d
04-25-2012, 09:44 AM

Hans

Hans, you're assuming I know how to write. My Mom is an elementary teacher. One of her biggest disappointments in life is my penmanship. Or lack thereof. My Dad always gives me a hard time about my signature. I tell them both I'm still studying to be a doctor. ( there's really no truth behind it) ha ha

John_Nicholson
04-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Dan see the post above...I know ya son.....

-john

Discus-Hans
04-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Right, especially if you've got PLENTY of room there, right, Hans ? ? ?

Don, you know I need a LOT F SPACE for my name lol lol

Hans Koops van 't Jagt in full.................... Jacobus Johannes Koops van 't Jagt glad I got a BIG HEAD lol lol lol

Hans

DonMD
04-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Don, you know I need a LOT F SPACE for my name lol lol

Hans Koops van 't Jagt in full.................... Jacobus Johannes Koops van 't Jagt glad I got a BIG HEAD lol lol lol

Hans Too funny, Hans!

ZX10R
04-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Other than just manually writing it on there. :) I was thinking maybe having our avatar on it too. Could be too pricey but thought id ask.

We could always get a t-shirt with our avatar printed on it? You can upload your pic to Walgreens and get one done for $15-$20 here is the link

http://photo.walgreens.com/walgreens/info1/prd=Shirt/prdtype=Photogift%3BPDC%28Shirt_cb%3BTShirt%3BSubl imation%3BSmall/isfrom=_xffwalgreens_xffrevieworderstore

DLock3d
04-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Hey Larry, I bet my cousin at Fedex could do it for me. LOL

Disgirl
04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Looking forward to meeting all of you! I will be the one at the vendor table with cones and caves. Unless you come by when my husband Bill is there while I am off at a lecture or something!
Barb

korbi_doc
04-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi y'all, I have to agree with the above posters, esp since I'm just plain awful when it comes to remembering names, even my own at times, lol....& now we need to put names & faces together, & user names too??? Boy will I be in dutch there too, right Kacey??? & as to writing, used to have great penmanship when the nuns got thru with me, then, after 35+years in my veterinary hospital, now it's a joke!! Can't even read my own writing, lol.....That being said, I'll prob put it on my name tag & shirt, no worries there....just know if I don't respond, poke me & I'll try to get my butt together, lol, lol......Dottie

Hans, you're assuming I know how to write. My Mom is an elementary teacher. One of her biggest disappointments in life is my penmanship. Or lack thereof. My Dad always gives me a hard time about my signature. I tell them both I'm still studying to be a doctor. ( there's really no truth behind it) ha ha

yim11
04-30-2012, 11:38 PM
From what I can tell, there are going to be a LOT of great hobbyist fish in the show! This is exactly how a fish show should be. If you are on the fence about bringing fish just send a PM or email to Larry (bugman), Chad (Sabres1), John (John_Nicholson) or myself and we will do what it takes to help you get your potential show winner to Atlanta. Participating in a show is an exciting experience, hanging that award on the wall is an even better one! :)

Discus-n00b
05-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Man this thing is coming up fast isn't it?! I just realized its basically May now....1 month to go! Didn't we used to have a picture thread? If I recognize folks I'll be sure to come introduce myself, met a few of you before, and know some other faces. I might wear one of those sticky name tags, Hello my name is...lol we will see. I'll be the one carrying my camera around the whole time ;) Hope to get some pictures and video of everything going on.

2075turner
05-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Just wondering if you guys have made up a schedule yet? Looks like I will not be able to come till ???? this just happens to land on my stepson's graduation Thursday....so just wondering what I would be missing for that day. Norm will have to miss the convention all together now as he has a midterm...of course this all has to happen this particular weekend. Not looking good for me to go now and I already prepaid everything :( including Andrew's seminar, argh. This week has not started out good....:mad::( I am extremely stressed....... hope I can figure out something

Chad Adams
05-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Hey Evelyn,
Sorry to hear all that bad news. We are still arranging flights & travel plans for the speakers. As soon as that is finalized we can
release the schedule. Andrew's class will be Friday morning.

Chad

JenTN
05-01-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm excited about it being so close! Hope to meet lots of you and learn a lot.

2075turner
05-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Hey Evelyn,
Sorry to hear all that bad news. We are still arranging flights & travel plans for the speakers. As soon as that is finalized we can
release the schedule. Andrew's class will be Friday morning.

Chad

Thanks Chad,

I will see if I can figure something out.

Chad Adams
05-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks Chad,
I will see if I can figure something out.

No problem Evelyn. Hope you can get there early, we're gonna need some good pictures! Lol.

Chad

2075turner
05-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks Chad. I made a posting in the classifieds for a registration and banquet ticket if someone hasn't already gotten their tickets. I am planning on flying in (no not on my broom, lol) on Thursday evening so hopefully everything will work out.

2075turner
05-03-2012, 07:38 PM
My camera happy self should be there at some point:D

Kingdom Come Discus
05-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Hope to see you there!!

Disgirl
05-03-2012, 08:54 PM
And I can help Evelyn, I love to take people pics! And will be happy to post them on SD.
Barb

Skip
05-16-2012, 10:55 AM
hey.. what time should auction be over on sunday..

trying to plan my return flight..

Chad Adams
05-16-2012, 11:02 AM
hey.. what time should auction be over on sunday..
trying to plan my return flight..

Hey Skip,
It's hard to say because it depends on the number of fish entered. I would hope to be wrapped up by 3 PM.
I can tell you for sure since Ken Davis has graciously offered to do the auction it will go alot faster than when
that uber-slow, easily distracted, majorly boring last guy did it! Lol.

Chad

Skip
05-16-2012, 11:15 AM
chad.. thats find.. i was looking at some evening flights.. so i should be ok..

Discus-n00b
05-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Ken does auctions fast that's for sure lol If you want something, bid on it...because there isn't going to be any thinking time!

Second Hand Pat
05-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Chad, if one wants to place their fish in auction and have the proceeds go to NADA. How does that work?

Chad Adams
05-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Hey Pat,
Good question. All you have to do when registering the fish for the auction is tell them you want to donate specific ones to NADA. Or just
tell one of the "Event Staff" and they will get the fish from you & take care of it from there.
Thanks Pat!

Chad

Second Hand Pat
05-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Hey Pat,
Good question. All you have to do when registering the fish for the auction is tell them you want to donate specific ones to NADA. Or just
tell one of the "Event Staff" and they will get the fish from you & take care of it from there.
Thanks Pat!

Chad

Sweet Chad and thanks,
Pat

2075turner
05-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Well I'm out. I am extremely bummed.:(

Timing really did not work well for me to travel for this. Family has to come first and that is what I am doing...putting family first. I will be there in spirit and look forward to all the great updates:)

yim11
05-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Very sorry to hear this Evelyn, family always comes first. Maybe next show.