PDA

View Full Version : Planted Tank Update #1

babillba
02-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Just completed a re-scaping of my discus tank. Comments welcomed.

Skip
02-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Just completed a re-scaping of my discus tank. Comments welcomed.

yea.. put all pics. into one thread..

its easier to ADMIRE your work

babillba
02-17-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't like that the site only allows you to do five pix at a time though. But, I guess bandwidth is bandwidth.

yea.. put all pics. into one thread..

its easier to ADMIRE your work

pcsb23
02-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Nothing stops you from adding photos to each post

babillba
02-17-2012, 02:42 PM
not sure what I am doing wrong, but when starting the thread it prevented me from attaching more than the five pix. Helpful hints to a newbie in pic posting?

lane mechtel
02-17-2012, 03:32 PM
LOOKS GREAT.

pcsb23
02-17-2012, 03:53 PM
not sure what I am doing wrong, but when starting the thread it prevented me from attaching more than the five pix. Helpful hints to a newbie in pic posting?Your not doing anything wrong when starting a thread. You are correct you can only attach 5 pics per post to a thread. So when you start a thread, add your 5 pics, then when that thread is posted, click on the "Reply" or the "Reply to Thread", type whatever text you want, if necessary click "Go Advanced" and then add your pics as you did in the first post to the thread.

If you want I can merge the three threads, just let me know.

Hope that helps.

Skip
02-17-2012, 04:01 PM
when you are in the REPLY BOX.. there is an ICON with a tree.. click that.. insert image.. >> FROM URL.>> but in your image link.. >>> de SELECT Retrieve remote file and reference locally

repeat

babillba
02-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Paul, thanks, that was very helpful. I will keep in mind for future.

Sad news for my tank. I came home from work to discover two discus doing poorly. I immediately pulled them to the hospital tank, but they expired early this afternoon. I am totally baffled as my parameters are all exact as always. the only new things introduced were the plants in the tank, but I have used the same supplier with these discus before, and I "washed" the plants as always with a 5% bleach wash, heavy rinse, soak, rinse, soak as I have done for years. I have lost discus over the years, but nothing like this before. I am down to my pair that have spawned in the past. I am really baffled and obviously saddened. I guess that's what I get for feeling good about myself and the tank!

Skip
02-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Bummer

DiscusBR
02-18-2012, 09:53 PM
I am sorry to hear about your loss. It is always hard to loose fish, especially when you don't know the reason. I hope you will get new discus to this great looking setup.

Steelhead
02-25-2012, 05:25 AM
Lost 2 last year..........my empathy. Never give up, your tank is very nice and deserves new inhabitants. Good luck

shoveltrash
02-25-2012, 08:05 AM
I too lost 2 Discus several months ago - so sorry for your loss.