PDA

View Full Version : Looking for blue ram breeders close to MN/canada..

Ramsarecool
02-19-2012, 10:13 AM
First off I'm new to the fourms just posted my first post. Hello all. :D

I currently saw a you tube photo of germen blue rams a breeders stock in canada. This got me excited because I've wanted to keep this fish for awhile but never really got around to it and I live near canada, (twin cities MN). they were very nice. And am looking at maybe setting up a planted 55 gallon community tank, 2 rams 20 cardinal tetras and maybe a smaller pleco., zebra, clown, ect. no discus too small for discus.

Any good breeders of rams near me or ones that will have stock come fall/winter.? I'm looking for the most colorful normal wild type ones I can find.

KV_Discus
02-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Where exactly are you locating? There is a breeder in Minnesota that breed and sale Blue rams and electric blue rams for very decent price. $5 each for the blue rame and only $8 each for the electric.

Ramsarecool
02-19-2012, 11:46 AM
St paul MN, I'm not comfortable stating exactly right now. I have to get promission to set up the tank/keep fish first. If I did order stock from him/her at a later time I'd probably send them to my parents house (with heads up to them of course) and go pick them up there (Reason there has been possibly stealing in my area- lost 2 packages of christmas things before i wised up and told my family to send to a different/parents adress)

I have kept fish before just not Rams. I've kept Oscars, plecos,catfish,ect.

Do you know the email adress of the MN breeder, do they supply to A world of fish, a place not too far away from me where I first saw rams. Granted they were ballon rams but still stunning.

KV_Discus
02-19-2012, 05:48 PM
the breeder located near MPLS and only way to get hold of him is by PM on Minnfish.com.

good luck

Ramsarecool
02-19-2012, 08:31 PM
well i tried to become a member to Minnfish.com and for some reason according to the site my email wasn't valid, which is NOT true. therefore I guess I have no way of reaching him/her... sigh

I Do have the email for another breeder though. I wonder if its the same one.

TURQ64
02-20-2012, 09:47 AM
There's a guy in wilmar with nice Rams. I have some breeding pairs I'd turn loose of, but you'd be driving west a while..(I'm on the state line on US 12)..good luck, they are around.keep looking!

jimg
02-20-2012, 11:02 AM
try John http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?disp&viewseller&Snookn21

jmburton
03-26-2012, 08:58 PM
I have and also know several other breeders, I also live in St. Paul and you are more than welcome to come to my place.

jbuck
04-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Any discus breeders in MN or IA? Looking for some quality fish.

robshow
04-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Where exactly are you locating? There is a breeder in Minnesota that breed and sale Blue rams and electric blue rams for very decent price. $5 each for the blue rame and only $8 each for the electric.

Where do they have these blue rams for sale? I am very interested.

jmburton
05-16-2013, 06:12 PM
There are several breeders in the twin cities, what are you looking for?