PDA

View Full Version : Liquid vitamins and dosage.

mdj131
02-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Just got in 6 2-3 inch Discus a few days ago and I saw that many beefheart recipes add multivitams to the mix.

I have some liquid Centrum multivitamin and was wondering how much to use? I can soak micro pellets or bloodworms or freeze dried blackworms in a single drop once a day or week, or try some other method based on the experienced advice here... I could even add a drop to the water now and then if that would be beneficial.

Although I have had many fish over the years, I have never had a fish that needed vitamins, so any advice would be great!

Skip
02-20-2012, 03:26 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?69130-Super-Tuna-Salmon-mix-pictures&highlight=super%20tuna

mdj131
02-20-2012, 03:32 PM
That is certainly seems to be an effective approach!

I guess I am wondering if adding a drop to some freeze dried blood worms would do the job, (on the vitamin part, assuming they get a variety of foods) and if so how much how often?

SeaDragon
02-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Well I'm not familiar with soaking different foods in vitamins so I can't help there. However, with my beef heart I put in vitamin C tablets, Agar powder, Kelp capsules, prenatal vitamins, and e-oil. The amount depend on how much beef heart your making. If you plan on making any beef heart I'd recommend not putting in peas, my discus despise them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darrell Ward
02-20-2012, 04:02 PM
If you feed a good diet, vitamins are not needed, and can even be harmful to fish. It's way too easy to overdo it.

daveo
02-20-2012, 06:48 PM
I used to put some in my beefhart mix back in the day.
It made the feed smell some. Now that I think of it I had more breeders then.

It was in liquid form and was sold for fish.

Daveo