PDA

View Full Version : cekerboard pigeon

robysan
02-25-2012, 07:33 AM
i was searching on the net to see what are the roots of this nice fish, can someone please describe it?

thnx

seanyuki
02-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Pigeon bloods lack vertical stress bars and range in color from nearly solid white through yellow, orange, to a deep orangey red. They can be almost solid in color, striated with thick lines, thin lines, pearled or anything in between. Many are being bred with an overlay of red spots on the body. Pepper is a characteristic shared by all pigeon based discus. These small, black specks of pigment usually appear on the nose and face and are more prominent when the discus is stressed or ill. The newer strains of pigeons are being bred with less pepper. The pigeon blood gene is dominant. A Pure pigeon bred to any other discus will produce all pigeon fry. If the breeding is to a discus with vertical stress bars the fry may be heavily peppered. Pigeon based discus are sold under many names such as Marlboro, Melon, Tangerine, White Butterfly, Blue Panda and Golden.

http://www.discusnada.org/discus/classification.html

hth

robysan
02-25-2012, 01:58 PM
thank you for the answer, i have a few cekerboard pigeon from a pigeonX red turquoise , they have same pepper but not too much. if i would breed them what it well be ?
roby