PDA

View Full Version : Discus eats too much and now on a hunger strike, please help my fish

x2h
02-27-2012, 02:34 PM
I have bought this 4" blue diamond along with 6 others last month and it eats well for the first few weeks. I feed the fish with live CBW, FBH, flakes, FDBW etc. All 7 fish have been eating well since.

Then there's this one day last week, I was feeding live CBW, and the fish keep begging for it. So I probably feed too much. I have to stop feeding because I began to worry about their big swollen bellies.

The next day this Blue Diamond was sitting at the back not moving, and there's a BIG chunk of poop half way out of its body. I've never seen a poop THAT big. It looks like it's stuck there and the fish looked stressful and suffering, not active at all. That lasted about a day when finally the poop was out.

Then the next day it changes its feeding behavior. It would eat my food but spit it out right away, as if it reminds him of the painful consequence. After a new days, things got worse. Now he stays at the back most of the time not moving much, with its head down. He's occasionally interested in food but spits them out. Even when I give it frozen blood worm, it will do the same.

All other fish are feeding normally.

For the experience, what can I do to convince the discus to eat? Move him to a hospital tank? I have a 55 gallon in the basement that could be used for that. If the hunger strike goes on, he may die, and I don't want to see that happen. Please help me and my fish says thank you!!!

x2h
02-29-2012, 05:31 PM
my discus is now losing color and shedding it slime coat...please help... :-(

Skip
02-29-2012, 07:06 PM
dont feed them for one day..

let them clean out..

also get some EPSON SALT..

and during this 24 hours.. use 2 tablespoons per 10gallons..

that should clean them out..
and if you can get some live brine shrimp.. that would help also :)