PDA

View Full Version : Dark discus

mac2b4mic
03-03-2012, 02:05 PM
My two month old fry were doing fine...then all of a sudden one gets wicked dark...stays dark...n dies...next day same thing, next day now there's 2dark fry...I don't understand. I can't find anything about it anywhere.
Any experience out there that can help me keep my babies alive?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Orange Crush
03-03-2012, 02:55 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete

mac2b4mic
03-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Please complete the questionnaire if your fish are sick (copy and paste)

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started
Fry get really dark, lasts a couple days like that then died...then another one same thing, and now 3 are dark...I've only got 10 left

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

Turning dark then hey die

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

only treatment is a dechlorinator when doing water changes ... 50-75% daily

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

55gallon grow out tank, two months old, between 1.5-2"

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

50-75% daily, been running for 3 months, they have been in there for 8 weeks, bare bottom, no its straight tap

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp _85.7_

- ph _7.4

- ammonia reading __0ppm -.1ppm_

- nitrite reading _0ppm_

- nitrate reading _2ppm

- well water _no_

- municipal water _Yes___

7. Any new fish/plants added recently
I briefly put 2week old fry in the tank until I realized the divider wasnt big enough (shortly after is when I had the first problem) but they aren't in there anymore

mac2b4mic
03-10-2012, 09:51 PM
That was a waste of time filling it out, thanks orange crush for the help.
Issue is resolved by using metro, thanks to pardal for the assistance and expertise.

Orange Crush
03-11-2012, 01:23 AM
I wish I could have helped with more than the link but my discus have never been sick so , I do not know anything about medicating. I often read through the disease section so I can learn things and when I run across someone who has not filled out a questionaire I post the link so that others can help them.
Next time if people are not responding "bump" the thread.
Glad you were able to fix the problem though!

mac2b4mic
03-11-2012, 03:29 AM
What do you mean "bump" the thread? Do you just post "bump" so that it gets moved to the top of all the threads?

Orange Crush
03-11-2012, 03:41 AM
What do you mean "bump" the thread? Do you just post "bump" so that it gets moved to the top of all the threads?
Yes, it is not something that should be done much but if your discus are sick and no one is helping then I think it is better than letting them die. Anyways, I'm glad you were able to take care of them.