PDA

View Full Version : Is my Albino Cobalt sick?

Splash156
03-05-2012, 02:27 PM
7262972630Is my Albino Cobalt sick?

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

My Albino Cobalt has a red like blood on side fins. Have had him for about 1-1/2 weeks and it looks better than the first 5 days he was in the tank. Is he sick?

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)
Blood on side fins, he eats like a pig and never clamps fin!!

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
No treatments yet

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
75 gal
Tanks has been up and running for 4 weeks
1 – 12” Silver Arowana that only eats blood worms
2 – 5” Albino Cobalts
1 – 4-1/2” Tropical
1 – 4-1/2” Blue X Red Snakeskin
1 – 4-1/2” Albino Red Green Spotted
5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
I do 10-15 gallons a day water change, bare bottom

6 Parameters and water source;
- temp _85____
- ph 5.9_____
- ammonia reading _.05___
- nitrite reading _0___
- nitrate reading _0___
- well water yes
- municipal water _ All my tanks are full R/O water

7. Any new fish/plants added recently
Tank setup for 3 weeks then added my above list of fish at the same time.
No plants

Thanks Jeremy

TURQ64
03-05-2012, 02:44 PM
If your numbers are correct, you have too much ammonia from too little of wc's It shouldn't be harmful if your ph numbers are accurate, it will be converted to NH4..the zero nitrates says 'NTS'...Change a ton of water for the next day or two and watch for improvement, and if not, could be septicemic, and a big round of antibio's....

Splash156
03-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks for your reply!! Ill do a 50-60% water change tomorrow when the R/O system catches up!!

Skip
03-06-2012, 10:14 AM
you don't need ro.. tap is just fine

roundfishross
03-06-2012, 10:42 AM
this is a pretty heavy tank load for an uncycled tank. you're going to need huge daily water changed untill the tank is cycled. and since no one else said anything IMHO the arrow is a bad choice in tank mate for the discus. it will probably stress the others out.