PDA

View Full Version : Possibly moving.

dpete9
03-09-2012, 09:20 AM
I may be moving back to the United States from the Netherlands in the near future. I really like the Discus I have and have kind of become attached to them. Is it in any way feasible to transport them with me when I return home? In particular I have a Wayne Ng Albino I would love to keep since I don't think he is currently shipping to America.
My guess is shipping costs would be outrageous and then there would be some kind of insane quarantine period, in which they would all die.
Any information anyone has would be extremely appreciated.
THANKS

brewmaster15
03-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Pete,
You'd need to find a shipper there thats able to ship to the USA. I'm sure it would not be cheap but isn't undoable if you like the fish you have. As for the "insane quarantine Period"..there is none in the USA. You would just have to have the fish inspected by fish and wildlife here in the USA, which also means that you are rather limited as to where the fish can be shipped into the country. Fish and wildflife doesn't do inspections at every airport...so its best to check the major international airports first. There is some paperwork you need to fill out as well as fees.

Is it worth it....thats up to you... but its probably a headache you can do without...and then you have an excuse to buy more discus! :)

Hope that helps.

-al

dpete9
03-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Thanks Al!
Gives me a lot to think about. In the end I probably will just sell them off here and use the money to buy new ones when I arrive in the U.S.
Sad that I will have a lot of juvies I will never see grow up.