PDA

View Full Version : ceiling fan of doom

Demosthenes
03-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Hello all,

I've only just gotten into discus so I'm learning new things every day. This week I did something in the room my fish are in that I haven't done since getting my discus: I turned on the ceiling fan and light at the same time.

And why is this interesting? Because one of my discus had a total panic attack about the shadows. Slammed back and forth against the glass about 6 times until I figured out to turn the fan off. It was causing shadows to flash across the tank, and the fish was sure they were hell bats come to destroy her and all she holds dear...

Fortunately the fish didn't hurt itself. Silly fish.

damba
03-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I use led lighting and the ripples can do a similar thing but they are used to it now.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

strawberryblonde
03-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Discus can be so silly sometimes, huh? LOL

I think if you turn on the fan a few more times for a few minutes each time she'll get used to it, but oh my gosh, just the visual you planted in my head of her going all nutso because of the shadows really made my day. =)

Lenin
03-09-2012, 05:00 PM
In their natural habitat that would be a sign of a predator, and not the movie one.

ExReefer
03-09-2012, 05:29 PM
This is a funny thread! Love the title. Reminds me of when I reach of the top of the tank. They don't really like that.