PDA

View Full Version : Discus not eating white worms

rwong2k
03-13-2012, 08:11 PM
I got 2 discus male and female proven but not to each other about 5 days ago. They laid eggs on sunday, but my question is they accept tetra color bits but they won't eat my live white worms

This is in a breeding tank with a pair of apistos, so the apistos eat them afterwards.

any ideas or suggestions?

thank-you

Raymond

m.ingram
03-13-2012, 08:40 PM
They may have never eaten white worms before so it might take them a little whjle to eat them.

Chicago Discus
03-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Then don't feed them white worms

rwong2k
03-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Then don't feed them white worms

thanks for your suggestion

WMD
03-13-2012, 10:29 PM
same as mine. few days ago i tried to feed them live worms and they were like ' eiu what's that?', since they've never eaten live food i guess they dont have that killer instinct anymore. but now they fight to get the worms and they swallow them ALIVE .

rwong2k
03-13-2012, 11:41 PM
same as mine. few days ago i tried to feed them live worms and they were like ' eiu what's that?', since they've never eaten live food i guess they dont have that killer instinct anymore. but now they fight to get the worms and they swallow them ALIVE .

thanks for your notes,
how long did it take for your discus to eat them? or did you keep introducing them to the discus little bit by little bit till they got a taste of it?

WMD
03-14-2012, 04:32 AM
well in the first time i introduced the worms to them they tried it but it worms wiggled so they got scared. in the evening before i fed them BH i gave them few worms like 5 or so they all got eaten. maybe my fish r too hungry. just give them little by little before their meal. now my fish attack the worms like WWII lol. hope you have great success in trying the worms

MostlyDiscus
03-14-2012, 07:21 AM
Once they know what they are they will eat them. Make sure to rinse your worms first. If you really want to do something intresting, soak the worms in a water solution with a small amount of PRO MORE for 10 minutes. Ed