PDA

View Full Version : Hatching I'm so excited

dpete9
03-15-2012, 07:28 AM
This is the cross I have been trying to make happen for a long time (see http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?94345-Albino-3R2-(Wayne-NG)-x-Leopard-Snake-Skin-Eruption-Outcome ) She has been a stubborn girl, she don't like him. So I tricked her. I put glass divider in the tank with the male that she really likes on the other side, then I placed her cone next to the glass. Her and the LSS eruption male on the side with the cone she laid about 100+ eggs when I wasn't watching and I wasn't sure if she let the LSS near her when she was laying since she always chases him away. But guess what??? she has about 90-100 eggs hatching as we speak.. Oh I hope this will be a nice cross!

Female Wayne NG Albino 3R2

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/petee33/3R2-1.jpg

Male LSS Eruption

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/petee33/Jack.jpg

HA HA HA.. I just noticed He looks so little in the pic! it's perspective he actually is a distance behind her He really isn't little!

TURQ64
03-15-2012, 07:41 AM
cool beans..good luck

dpete9
03-15-2012, 08:31 AM
cool beans..good luck

Thank you Thank you :-)

John_Nicholson
03-15-2012, 09:08 AM
I love this....someone that had a goal, had some problems, and then figured out a way to make it work anyway.....That is old school right there.

-john

rdiscus
03-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Nice! Keep working on your goal

dpete9
03-15-2012, 10:39 AM
I love this....someone that had a goal, had some problems, and then figured out a way to make it work anyway.....That is old school right there.

-john

Nice! Keep working on your goal

Thank you Both.. I'm out of tank space now. If these survive I need to do some downsizing so they have a place to grow-out whew. :-)

Rachel
03-15-2012, 10:43 AM
So cool!!!! Well done. Post some pictures of the babys when you can :0)

rdiscus
03-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Thank you Both.. I'm out of tank space now. If these survive I need to do some downsizing so they have a place to grow-out whew. :-)

Send them to me, I grow them out for you :o

ajvdiscus
03-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Hope everything goes well,, I LOVE HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dpete9
03-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Hope everything goes well,, I LOVE HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.. The dealer told me she was a male, he based his decision on the fact that she was the big bully of the bunch. I wanted a female and I suspected he was wrong, Glad I did.

shoveltrash
03-18-2012, 06:59 AM
that female is GORGEOUS!

She has been a stubborn girl, she don't like him. So I tricked her.ha ha - very clever :)
good luck with them!

SeaDragon
03-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Awesome pair, good luck with the fry!

Julia
Sent from my Styrofoam fish box fort using Tapatalk

Rummy
03-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Congratulations! It will be even more satisfying to see those babies grow up after so much effort and thought you put into this.
Definitely keep use posted.

dpete9
03-18-2012, 04:01 PM
that female is GORGEOUS!

ha ha - very clever :)
good luck with them!

Awesome pair, good luck with the fry!

Julia
Sent from my Styrofoam fish box fort using Tapatalk

Congratulations! It will be even more satisfying to see those babies grow up after so much effort and thought you put into this.
Definitely keep use posted.

Thank you guys/gals..
They went free-swimming today. Looks like one of the parents could be a fry eater (maybe, maybe not) but I am guessing there are only about 50 or so free swimmers, mostly hanging on the male.

Second Hand Pat
03-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Congrats Pete, exciting isn't it. Are you seeing less fry? Remember to look on both sides of the parents. When my Tefe fry attached I was guessing 20 fry and ended up with 40. If you see a parent mouth the fry watch and see if it spits back out.

dpete9
03-18-2012, 06:23 PM
I did something awful and at the same time I found this missing fry. The male had backed in the corner (where the sponge filter is)with the fry. to hoard the fry. when was doing some water changing I noticed he had moved away from the corner with the fry.. So I thought I would clean the sponge.. WWEEELLL... as I was rinsing the sponge out in a bucket of cold water I noticed my mistake. I think there had to have been at least 50 fry trapped in the sponge pores and now rang out in the bucket of cold water.. DANG I am stupid. anyways neither parent is eating the fry.

dpete9
03-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Mom and a few of the fry stopping to pose for the camera. :-)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/petee33/3R2momBabies.jpg