PDA

View Full Version : Do I Sound ready for Discus?

scarhbar
03-20-2012, 01:06 PM
I have a cycled 75 gallon tank, eventually becoming a high tech planted tank (in the next month). There already are some plants in the tank, but not as many as I want yet haha.

I am will buy 6 Discus total :) I hear at 4", they can go into a planted tank without having to worry to much about them dying like the smaller ones.

I plan to do wwaterchanges days a week, probably 30% each time

Each day, I will feed them a diet of Omega 1 Cichlid Flakes, Omega 1 Veggie Flakes, and alternate between frozen beefheart and frozen bloodworms.

Do I sound ready to put six 4" Discus in my planted tank next week? I don't plan to breem or show them. Just a personal tank

DerekFF
03-22-2012, 12:40 AM
I would do the planted tank first then figure out discus later. The combo of the 2 is a nightmare in the making if your really going to try and go high tech. Get one or the other learned first

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wendy9722
03-22-2012, 06:47 AM
I tried the live plant thing with my angels and it turned into a nightmare. I'm really happy for those that can do that. I'm just glad that I didnt really mess with them for my discus. I will keep my bb tanks with a few decor pieces and a nice background and I'm good. Its a lot less hassel especially when you have health issues with your fish.