PDA

View Full Version : Albino leopard and Tiger turquoise???

mattsoccer20
03-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Hey guys,

So i was looking at my tank when i saw my albino leopard and tiget turquoise laying eggs on my magnet algea scrubber. And i have allot of questions. I am uploading a vid right now to my youtube channel and ill give the link once uploaded. But anyways, i saw my tiget turquoise and tiger turquoise SS laying eggs on the heater like 2 weeks ago and fertilzing and stuff (they ended up eating them) And now i am seeing this. So i wanted to know will the babies be an ugly mix? Or a really cool cross? Or would the babies just not live? And how do i know the difference between the male and female? If you guys could help me out that would be great :)

mattsoccer20
03-20-2012, 08:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D09rPf-mVQ8&context=C47b550dADvjVQa1PpcFNOkirRR108uRoufDXj04m_ nEINTKqMiEQ= Heres the link. I dont start talking till a couple second in and had to talk quite because i was suppose to be doing homework

Skip
03-20-2012, 08:30 PM
awesome!! on a magnet!!

mattsoccer20
03-20-2012, 08:35 PM
awesome!! on a magnet!!
I know right! Im going to be setting up a breeding tank soon, but now i dont know which 2 is my real pair

Second Hand Pat
03-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Matt, with two colors on the eggs I'm guessing you have two females. Females tube is squared off and the male's is rounded and pointy.

mattsoccer20
03-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Matt, with two colors on the eggs I'm guessing you have two females. Females tube is squared off and the male's is rounded and pointy.
Hi thanks for the comment. I have been looking at them for a while now and the eggs are all the same color now. Exsept for one white one. But the tube on my tiger turquose seems bigger and the albino leopard seems smaller

mattsoccer20
03-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi thanks for the comment. I have been looking at them for a while now and the eggs are all the same color now. Exsept for one white one. But the tube on my tiger turquose seems bigger and the albino leopard seems smaller
And one of my fish friends told me my albino leopard is a male. And commented on the video. But she said she has only bred angelfish. but if you guys could check it out and let me know that would be great. If you can see it enough

mattsoccer20
03-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Ok i now believe that my albino is male and the tiget turquoise is female. Does anyone know the outcome of the babies of a albino leopard and tiger turquoise? Will it make a cool looking fish? And will the babies be very weak? I tried looking this up but could not find any info about these kinds of fish breeding (albino and non albino).

SeaDragon
03-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Sounds like a cool mix! I personally don't know how they would turn out. but id give it a try if they're willing!
That's so funny you have them spawning on the magnet. I had a pair that wouldn't spawn on anything but the magnet. Id move it or add a cones, still just the magnet! ;)

Julia
Sent from my Styrofoam fish box fort using Tapatalk

mattsoccer20
03-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Sounds like a cool mix! I personally don't know how they would turn out. but id give it a try if they're willing!
That's so funny you have them spawning on the magnet. I had a pair that wouldn't spawn on anything but the magnet. Id move it or add a cones, still just the magnet! ;)

Julia
Sent from my Styrofoam fish box fort using Tapatalk Thanks :). Thats what i thought. I thought the babies could look really cool, but i have never bred discus. So i think ill give it a try. And do you know where i can get breeding cones for a good price? Thanks for the help :)

SeaDragon
03-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks :). Thats what i thought. I thought the babies could look really cool, but i have never bred discus. So i think ill give it a try. And do you know where i can get breeding cones for a good price? Thanks for the help :)

Breeding discus seems to be its own little magical science. If you haven't already I'd read through the breeding section, very helpful! I have a couple of Barb's cones, and they've been great! Not too mention there very pretty

Julia

mattsoccer20
03-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Breeding discus seems to be its own little magical science. If you haven't already I'd read through the breeding section, very helpful! I have a couple of Barb's cones, and they've been great! Not too mention there very pretty

Julia
Sent from my Styrofoam fish box fort using Tapatalk Barb cones? What are those? And im uploading a vid right now showing the eggs. I dont know if there fertilized or not. If you could help out that would be great :)

Larry Bugg
03-21-2012, 05:16 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?183-Delightful-Designs-Discus-Cones-(Barb-Odgers)-North-Carolina

mattsoccer20
03-21-2012, 06:19 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?183-Delightful-Designs-Discus-Cones-(Barb-Odgers)-North-Carolina
Oh cool thanks :). I just PMed a girl named disgirl on here that makes the cones. And heres the link to the video showing my eggs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p707DlyNrH8&feature=plcp&context=C4082f95VDvjVQa1PpcFNOkirRR108uR16v-4hDcUymjB6qm_O6ls%3D I dont know if they are fertilized or not

Larry Bugg
03-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Oh cool thanks :). I just PMed a girl named disgirl on here that makes the cones. And heres the link to the video showing my eggs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p707DlyNrH8&feature=plcp&context=C4082f95VDvjVQa1PpcFNOkirRR108uR16v-4hDcUymjB6qm_O6ls%3D I dont know if they are fertilized or not

disgirl is Barb. The same as the link I posted.

mattsoccer20
03-21-2012, 07:33 PM
disgirl is Barb. The same as the link I posted.
Ya i know i found out about her from the link

SeaDragon
03-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks for sending the link and video bugman and matt. Sorry about not specifying who in the world barb is! Lol my bad

Julia

mattsoccer20
03-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks for sending the link and video bugman and matt. Sorry about not specifying who in the world barb is! Lol my bad

Julia

Thats fine. Its all good :). Do you guys know, why the eggs just turned a thick white? They were mostly brown and i just checked on them a few minutes ago and ALOT more of them were a thick white. i dont know why?

SeaDragon
03-21-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "thick white" but when they turn white that means they're infertile. If they're fuzzy and white it means they have fungus over them. Heathy growing eggs are a creamy pink with no fuzz.

Julia

mattsoccer20
03-21-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "thick white" but when they turn white that means they're infertile. If they're fuzzy and white it means they have fungus over them. Heathy growing eggs are a creamy pink with no fuzz.

Julia

Hmmm ok. Well i was saying think white because they are not clear. They are white. They were brown though. Are they layed brown then turn white then fertilized?

SeaDragon
03-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Hmmm ok. Well i was saying think white because they are not clear. They are white. They were brown though. Are they layed brown then turn white then fertilized?

Laid brown? I've personally never heard of one laying brown eggs. Discus eggs aren't clear, they have almost a matte finish. The normal is for them to lay opaque pinkish/white eggs. If they stay like that they'll grow, eventually you'll see a black spot inside that's the fry. White is always bad as far as I know, they're infertile.

Julia

mattsoccer20
03-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Laid brown? I've personally never heard of one laying brown eggs. Discus eggs aren't clear, they have almost a matte finish. The normal is for them to lay opaque pinkish/white eggs. If they stay like that they'll grow, eventually you'll see a black spot inside that's the fry. White is always bad as far as I know, they're infertile.

Julia
Hmm i think it was a fungus. It only took thought like a couple hours for it to cover the majority of the eggs. And i did see some clear stuff on the eggs. But i just got home the eggs were gone. So maybe they ate them because they had fungus