PDA

View Full Version : I have brought my mother to the dark side!

JenTN
03-25-2012, 10:18 PM
In 2008 I moved in with my mom aftet separating from my husband, worked out well for both of us. In summer '09 I set up my tank- she was not really happy about it. We had a tank when I was young, but she thought mine was too big.. then it became our tank lol. I traded her favorite fish, an angel, for discus and she was not pleased! She griped about the frequent water changes that I do, etc. So Hans sent extra discus for my kids. Now I have a 55 & am growing out 9 discus & know I will have to get rid of 3. But every one is now her favorite lol. So yesterday she tells me to price corner tanks so we dont have to get rid of any, I assume to upgrade. Oh no- today she clarifies...she wants a second tank to separate them into 2 groups! Nevermind the angel tank she also wants in the future! Yup, she's been bitten by the bug!

BoiseDiscusGuy
03-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Discus should come with a warning label "May be habit forming"

Disgirl
03-25-2012, 10:41 PM
I bet she is already thinking about a username and password for when she becomes a member here! Great story Jen!
Barb

Second Hand Pat
03-25-2012, 10:49 PM
I love it Jen. Definitely time for her to join SD.

JenTN
03-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Lol you guys are right...shes probably a lurker ;-)

LKSDiscus
03-26-2012, 06:36 AM
That is too funny, my husband gotten the bug, when I got out of the hospital this last time I said to him maybe its time for me to sell all the tanks and just take it easy. Course he knows that I love my fish, but truth be known he loves them too, now we are fixing up a fish room to breed even my son who lives upstair and his girlfriend just bought his second tank, that bug sure does get around and bites us pretty hard.

I'm glad your mom got it too it is so relaxing even through the water changes.

Chicago Discus
03-26-2012, 09:39 AM
My Aunt loves Discus and she helps me with mine and she is definitely a lurker on Simply LOL