PDA

View Full Version : Male not doing his runs

vallycu
03-27-2012, 04:34 PM
I have a young pair of blue cobalts which today laid eggs for the 5th time and each time the male had a great meal. The problem is that although he is doing all the courting he doesnt seem to want to fertilise the eggs, his tube doesnt show up and he is eating the eggs one by one as soon as the female is laing.
I know that sometimes they need some time to do it right and my question is how many times? Or I better ask u after how manny times I should be worried?

Thanks

vallycu
03-28-2012, 12:02 PM
No opinion?!

Chicago Discus
03-28-2012, 12:40 PM
There are a few factors like age, how old is the male some males take 12 to 18 months to mature enough to breed. And sometimes the male just won't breed no matter what you do. If he is of breeding age and having problems just switch him with another male sometimes that helps solve the problem.....JMO.........Josie

vallycu
03-28-2012, 04:09 PM
He is around 14 months and he has been showing mating behavior for 6 months now, my question is if he continue to eat the eggs, without showing any interest of fertilizing, when he gets mature enough to fertilize will he do it or there is a chance to continue eating eggs?

Thankyou...
Valy

Altum Nut
03-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Your last sentence made enough sense to answer your question.
the most common answer is 50 -50. He may not be the right male for that female.
So basically...if it was meant to be it will work out in the end naturally.

...Ralph